What's new

Ink on the nib

Hello gentlemen,

I have another newbie question. Is this a normal look?

03_20 nib.jpg

I never noticed this on a different Lamy, but it has a black nib. This week I started using a different Lamy (top) and a Metropolitan (bottom) and they always look like this.

Thanks for any advice!

Normal based on my experience....but especially with the Lamy & Kakuno (inexpensive pens I use the most, at work).

I'm sure others will chime in, but it may have something to do with what ink is used.

Normal based on my experience....but especially with the Lamy & Kakuno (inexpensive pens I use the most, at work).

I'm sure others will chime in, but it may have something to do with what ink is used.

Ink creep. Perfectly normal. It is worse with certain inks, reds in particular.
Thank you both! The Lamy is a cartridge and the Metropolitan is the Pilot squeeze converter with Noodler's Black. You have put my mind at ease!

:thumbup:

I have found what you show bothersome on the underside of the nib for the reason that the pen did not write well. Wipe the nib clean on both upper and lower side to make all work well again.

I had a couple of pens that suffered from nib creap really badly. I polished the top of the nib with a brown paper bag and it stopped it from happening. Not sure exactly why it works, but it did.

You could probably use the paper that they use for padding out space in parcels these days.

Top Bottom