What's new

Injector experts-please tell me I got s.th. good

Per this reference it would appear to be a Schick E2 or E3 model with bakelite handle. If it has parallel grooves in the safety bar, that makes it an E3.

Looks good. Upon receiving it you'll need to make sure that the spring properly preloads the head. If not, the spring will need to be rebent slightly to fix that.

This model allows you to pivot the preload spring counterclockwise about its rivet to disassemble the head for cleaning. It's a nice feature.

I think you've done well.

- Chris

Yeah, I'd say so.

You're getting a case with it and, of course, this is primarily a North American product. I'd expect to pay ~$12 - $15 around here for the same thing.

You did fine.

I think that you'll be surprised at how well they shave. I'm currently using a type G at the moment and it is an excellent razor. The results are really impressive. The price seems pretty reasonable.

Unless the clip unlatches EASILY, resist the urge to open up the shave head, as they never seem to go back together with the same tension...dip the head in alcohol to sterilize, but keep it away from the handle!!

Unless the clip unlatches EASILY, resist the urge to open up the shave head, as they never seem to go back together with the same tension...dip the head in alcohol to sterilize, but keep it away from the handle!!

That is true on most models. However, the early Type E's did not have a tab to block the spring on the left side. Therefore, the spring could swing freely towrads the left without having to put any unusual tension on the spring.

proxy.php

The razor I bought looks exactly like the on on the right, but it says 'Patent 1937' and 'Made in Canada' on the left underside of the head. Which model would that be?

No parallel groves, but "Bar Guard with irregular striations."
An E2, then. Thanks for the info! Now I'll just have to wait for some blades to arrive, I really want to try shaving with it.

Top Bottom