What's new

Indulgence of the Night - November 2009

No camera nearby, but I'm on my third finger of Jameson after a long, hard weekend taking care of SWMBO and The Boy. I may indulge in a fourth finger if time allows.

2700 pistol match, beautiful autumn Catskill Mountain afternoon, topped off with a Hoyo Excalibur No. 3M and a dram of Macallan 12.:biggrin:

Tom

Drinking a 2008 Maipe Malbec Mendoza tonight. This is a serious value at $9. Outstanding.

proxy.php

Yesterday my buddy gave me a six-pack of New Belgium's "Sunshine" as a thank you for helping him move some stuff.

It's very tasty, but very light in both color and flavor...which is not to say it's bad. It's actually quite good.

On my fourth Glencairn of Ardbeg...coupla fingers each go. Been a long week, long day, off tomorrow, Singapore next week, yowza.

Just let me enjoy this.

Tonight: a nice, heavy pour of Dalmore 12 on a cube of ice. I'm not quite as fond of Dalmore as I am the Laphroaig, but I'm still new to the single malts, and completely ignorant of much past The Famous Grouse.

Had a delicious pour of Surly Darkness, a Russian imperial stout, last night. It's hard to find, but worth it.

Wow! I thought I would have been the first (and only) person to report just how frickin' incredible this stuff is. I'm guessing you're from around the Twin Cities as well?

Tonight my wife and I went over to our friends' house for dinner. New York Strips, potatoes, salad, this, that, and the other. An incredible meal. Well, this friend happened to be the home-brew enthusiast that I mentioned in an earlier post around here somewhere and one of his friends happened to literally camp out for the limited release of this year's Surly Darkness.

Long story short, my buddy got out of an expensive lease agreement (recently moved in with his fiancee) and was looking to celebrate. He did so by opening one of his two bottles of Darkness and was so gracious and generous as to share it with me.

My God. I love beer, but until tonight, I never truly knew how complex and unthinkably delicious it could be. I'm a new man.

$20 a bottle? They could charge fifty...

Just got in from my local cigar lounge's Scotch Tasting Thursday get-together . . .

Oban 14.
Macallan Cask Strength. (yummy!)

And smoked a San Cristobal Fabuloso and an Ashton VSG corona.

Man, talk about a top shelf kind of evening. What a great night!

NANP™

Seared scallops with brown butter, lemon, and parsley
Basmati rice pilaf with dried apricots and toasted pine nuts
Curry creamed spinach

Dessert: homemade crepes with Nutella

Inch and a half thick Prime ribeyes
scalloped potatoes
tomato and mozzarela w/ basil
chevre, walnut, mesclun mix, bosc pear, balsamic vinegar drizzle salad

Now I've got a bottle of San Pellegrino chilling in the freezer for to drink with this Wild Turkey Rare Breed I received as a gift. No mixing. Booze straight. San Pellegrino in a separate glass :001_smile

Top Bottom