What's new

Indian Old Spice Cream

Got some, t'was even what I used last night... it's a nice scent (but a bit weak, I find), and lathers very well, the glide is excellent.

The one thing to note is that it's a thirsty cream, required a good share of water to get right, but just a tiny bit too much and it instantly becomes very runny.

My wife loves the smell, and between my shaving cream/soap gear, it's the second in line after my Proraso for a nice thick creamy lather.

As all creams (at least those I've tried/have), it doesn't have the firmness that a soap provides, and like other creams, it tends to dry out fairly fast.

As far as the scent goes I've yet to get an original Old Spice puck (an original from Shulton) to compare, but it's very pleasant. My daughter said that it does smell like OS aftershave when I received it and tried it for the first time, but I don't smell much, not enough to compare it to the aftershave, but it could just be me.

Last edited:
I have a tube of the cream if that is you are referring to the sort made in Turkey...if so as I think it is...
Well I enjoy the scent it has I love the original scent of OS, however I have yet to get a good shave from it. It seems to lather fairly well but the lubrication and quality of shave I get is lackluster and I always end up discontinuing it's use and face lathering Speick or some other cream to finish my shave as I can feel that I am getting irritated after the first pass, this reminds me...I should PIF or toss in a few bells and whistles for a decent trade for any one liking it or wanting to try it. Only reason I would dislike doing it would be for the scent as I love it, but if it dose not perform it is only taking up space and it must go. This is mho...I just cannot get it to lather where it is shavable for me, not sure what it is but I can lather some fairly difficul soaps and creams with little trouble and get a good shave.

I have some from India, and it's pretty good stuff. It's not the best for lather than I have (though it's not far behind), but the fragrance is terrific.

I have four tubes of the stuff, love it, Indian creams are great bang for the buck, you should look for some Godrej and Palmolive creams too

For $2.99, how can I go wrong? I'll grab one of each of the Palmolive's they have along side it. They even have a couple of economical brushes there.

Indian items have been ignored in the last few years as the board has moved on to what seems to be only a few certain brands. They have a musk and lime as well.

I face lathered with it and had no problem.
wow insomniac, congrates at 4000 posts,
as for the cream, i didnt get along with the original scent, but the cream was nice itself if i ever found the lime scented on in the indian or sri lanken stores around here i would certainly pic it up, it is a great value

I had a tube PIFed to me and I love the stuff,lathers great and I get a great shave,not bad for a "expired" (best by 2008) tube.
Going to put in an order for more through West Coast Shaving once this tube is done.

I tried it last night. I don't know if it was the new single edge blade that I forgot to strop, or me, or the cream. I haven't cut myself like this in months. I'll try again this weekend, paying more attention.
It smelled good, just not strong enough. Then again, maybe I'm just too accustomed to the Old Spice A/S.

wow insomniac, congrates at 4000 posts,
as for the cream, i didnt get along with the original scent, but the cream was nice itself if i ever found the lime scented on in the indian or sri lanken stores around here i would certainly pic it up, it is a great value

I didn't even notice :ohmy:

Top Bottom