What's new

GIVEAWAY! In honor of Veteran's Day in the USA ..... a nice PIF

In loving memory of my Dad, who passed away ten years ago. ----- He was an incredibly proud soldier
in the 29th. Infantry Division, landing in the first wave on Omaha Beach in the early dawn hours on D-Day,
June 6, 1944. He fought his way through Europe during WW II, received two Purple Hearts, and was lucky
enough to make it back home and have a wonderful life back here in New York. Dad often talked about the
"toughness and true grit" of the British soldiers he was with during the war, and he was also a very happy
"traditional shaver" who loved badger brushes. Hence, my "British theme" to this PIF.

So, in his honor on Veteran's Day, here's my PIF ..... two classic British products in "like-new" condition.
A Simpson's Berkley Best Badger brush and a really nice Edwin Jager Faux Ebony DE 89 razor. I am offering this
to a United States veteran, whether it be WW II, Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, or Afghanistan, and will pick a
winner based on your short story of military service.
This PIF is open to ALL VETERANS, and not restricted to combat veterans.
There is no need to describe your combat experience. A simple few lines about your experience as a veteran is sufficient. Again, THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VETERANS !
May God bless all of you who have served with honor and dignity.

I'll pick a winner this weekend, and pay the postage. Original boxes will be included. Continental USA only.

C54502EC-E86E-4618-841C-544A238B3286.jpeg
E7B5C9E1-C572-4119-ACD0-48291FAE6623.jpeg

Attachments

• 6B98E87B-BE08-4903-A004-484D35365A07.jpeg
    6B98E87B-BE08-4903-A004-484D35365A07.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Respectfully NOT in, but thank you! I am an Air Force vet with 10 years on active duty, but I would not think of participating in this with how many members were under the gun in Iraq or 'The Stan'. Thank you so much for doing this, I can't wait to see the winner. Bless you for doing this.

An important edit to my original post.
This PIF is now open to ALL VETERANS, and not restricted to combat veterans.
There is no need to describe your combat experience. A simple few lines about your experience as a veteran is sufficient. Again, THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VETERANS !

Hi Gents .....
It's almost two full days since I posted this, and still no replies of "I'm in."
I really appreciate all the lovely comments and "likes", and I thank you all !
If there are any veterans out there who may be interested, please reply.
My deep appreciation for all of you who have served is rock solid, and I'd
be honored to send this PIF to a deserving veteran. So, .... let me know.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hi Gents .....
It's almost two full days since I posted this, and still no replies of "I'm in."
I really appreciate all the lovely comments and "likes", and I thank you all !
If there are any veterans out there who may be interested, please reply.
My deep appreciation for all of you who have served is rock solid, and I'd
be honored to send this PIF to a deserving veteran. So, .... let me know.
Thank you for thinking of our Vets. This is a wonderful PIF. There has to be a Vet on B&B who needs these items.

I'm not in but urge our Vets to respond back to Adam.

While I do qualify for the PIF, I'm not in as I would rather another Vet receive it.

Your Dad sounds like he would be someone I would have liked to talk to over a beer or two. Most that generation is gone but there are others that will take their place to the younger generations ....

I had a great time while I was in - my wife not so much as I was constantly on deployment and we moved around a lot. I saw a lot of cool stuff and some not so cool stuff but I did enjoy it (funny how we remember a lot of the good times and not much of the bad times)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This thread is proof that Veterans are a selfless lot, not wanting for themselves but for others.
I encourage you B&B Vets to post and not let the OP hang out there with his hand extended!

While I do qualify for the PIF, I'm not in as I would rather another Vet receive it.

Your Dad sounds like he would be someone I would have liked to talk to over a beer or two. Most that generation is gone but there are others that will take their place to the younger generations ....

I had a great time while I was in - my wife not so much as I was constantly on deployment and we moved around a lot. I saw a lot of cool stuff and some not so cool stuff but I did enjoy it (funny how we remember a lot of the good times and not much of the bad times)

In a Military Career, there are only two good duty stations, your last one, and your next one!

While I technically meet all the requirements - I did eight years of active duty (mainly amphibs) in the US Navy and there were a couple incidents of firing an MK-38 (which I guess would qualify as combat) - it's All Quiet on the Hardware Front for me and so I'm respectfully not in. Would much prefer another vet, who would actually put these items to use, be awarded this awesome PIF.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I served in the U S Army during the VietNam period.
Fort Hood, Texas is where I was stationed. It was an easy job typing about those who won awards. That was my job, I was a clerk typist.

Then my father died, and I was given an early discharge.

I am in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom