What's new

Immersion Blender?

Ours died after about twenty years of very occasional use (mostly in soups).

Anybody have a favorite or are they all about the same?

There was a Cuisinart on woot last week that I almost bought but I have never used one and figured it was just something else I would not use. I am a China cap person for sauces so going with a mechanical alternative did not seem like a good idea.

Shoot...

The Cuisinart was on woot yesterday and I got too tied up to post it. $27 including a number of attachments

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
There was a Cuisinart on woot last week that I almost bought but I have never used one and figured it was just something else I would not use. I am a China cap person for sauces so going with a mechanical alternative did not seem like a good idea.

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges but for the most part I find the immersion blender replaces the China cap and Chinois. Ok it does not pull the seeds out . . . nor skins. It does allow for reaching various textures depending on how long you blend. I find the speed of clean up and storage easier. When I want to pull out the seeds I use something else. I've stored the something else in my basement and it takes about the space of a China cap and Chinois . . .

I loose on storage space as I also have a China cap and Chinois that have not been used in a very long time.

Nothing beat my Bamix when I had it. They make a couple lengths and the shorter one was fine for me. It's powerful and the head doesn't clog. Gets as smooth a consistence as seems possible with an immersion blender.

I gave to my brother a few years ago because nothing gives me velvety smooth consistency like the Vitamix.

Top Bottom