What's new

If you're ever shopping at Whole Foods and get hungry don't buy a sandwich

The store I go to is smack in the middle of several pharmaceutical companies, so there is a good deal of wealth in the area. I’m also a member of a food co-op that carries many of the same brands (minus the 365 house brand). The co-op has crunchier clientele.
My local WFs fit this bill. Sandwiched within the SD Biotech hub and UCSD.
The other caters to the Del Mar thoroughbred elites

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
To be fair, it's NOT taking food out of the trash.
It's seeing if the food is still viable for use BEFORE it gets thrown away.
The mechanics displayed by the video are a synopsis to illustrate the point, not a procedure to follow.
Food identified for use is not going to be pulled out of a bag by someone standing by the dumpster. It will be identified and rerouted before it gets designated as throw away.
I'm in favor of such endeavors. So much viable food is tossed and wasted because of arbitrary "sell by" dates or because a vegetable has a blemish or different color and is rejected outright by a customer for stand alone purchase.

My local WFs fit this bill. Sandwiched within the SD Biotech hub and UCSD.
The other caters to the Del Mar thoroughbred elites
I went to SDCC and SDSU. Lived on B and 24th then College Ave. My old Air Force buddy at the time rented a house with roommates on College Ave. for about $200/month! Anyway, I like WF for certain items.

I went to SDCC and SDSU. Lived on B and 24th then College Ave. My old Air Force buddy at the time rented a house with roommates on College Ave. for about $200/month! Anyway, I like WF for certain items.
Let's just say, this time of year - Love the Del Mar Fair
Hate the traffic...

24th and B - is that Natl City ?
I had a friend that worked in the Convalescent Home on 24th during H/S

I grew up in the South Bay - I remember when there were farms in that part of town and when Kimball Park had a local zoo...

Last edited:
Let's just say, this time of year - Love the Del Mar Fair
Hate the traffic...

24th and B - is that Natl City ?
I had a friend that worked in the Convalescent Home on 24th during H/S

I grew up in the South Bay - I remember when there were farms in that part of town and when Kimball Park had a local zoo...
No, the Golden Hill section of SD. 2425 B street. Look it up the house is historic. I was paying $135/month when I left in 1979

Top Bottom