What's new

If you are from South Louisiana, then you miss Hubig's Pies.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
They are coming back soon! New factory though. The old site in the Marigny has been rebuilt for residence.

Hubig's Pies are coming back! See flavors, what potential comeback might look like
Hubig's Pies return with new facility in Jefferson Parish
Hubig’s Pies set to return in 2020

If you lived in South Louisiana before Katrina, these were an important part of your life. A Big Shot cola and a Hubig's pie were the ultimate snack at home, on the road, fishing, hunting, at work, or on the boat. It will be good to see Savory Simon the Pie Man smiling up at me again from dozens of wrappers in the box next to the checkout. I hope the first box I see has banana in it. I would cheerfully settle for chocolate or classic apple, though. But lemon... now that's sublime...

Never heard of them, but they certainly look good. Anything that makes them stand apart from other convenience store pies?
I may have to try and order a couple if they are available anywhere online. I'm craving sweet potato pie now.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Never heard of them, but they certainly look good. Anything that makes them stand apart from other convenience store pies?
I may have to try and order a couple if they are available anywhere online. I'm craving sweet potato pie now.

They are just better. Been better, since 1922.

They are just better. Been better, since 1922.
Let us know when they become available. It would be nice to give them a try.
I need pies like I need a serrated DE blade though so it is probably for the best they aren't making them yet.

When I go with my folks to visit the Amish in TN I check to see if they have fried pies. Apple, pecan, good stuff!
:badger:

I'm pretty excited about this! I'm hoping they are back by November so I can get a sweet potato for Thanksgiving.
The ones that Handles is making are not bad but there's nothing like a Hubigs!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I'm pretty excited about this! I'm hoping they are back by November so I can get a sweet potato for Thanksgiving.
The ones that Handles is making are not bad but there's nothing like a Hubigs!

True. Not bad but not the same. It's like substituting generic french loaf for Liedermeyer's, for making poboys. Okay if you are hungry enough. Not okay if you want to revel in cultcha and gastronomical ecstasy.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Slash McCoy:
173888-e8a6427eafe209d51bd2ad6482f87a42.jpg
Great news...I'll be looking for 'em in my town of DeRidder, LA. :thumbsup:

Hubig's Pies.jpg
"NOLA is for pie lovers"! Anonymous

PS Remember what Stewie said;"You can't have a pie without Cool hWhip...You put Cool hWhip on pie. Pie tastes better with Cool hWhip". :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom