What's new

I wonder...

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
what kind of firearms they will use in this series. They're supposed to be authentic with the props for it.

I also wonder how close they will let the general public get to the set. I'd like to see Sam Elliot...Cowtown ain't that far from here.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like to listen to Sam Elliott talk. And that commercial he did with his waving mustache was awesome.....

But I'd really like to see Tim McGraw's wife.

Don't tell the War Department. She ain't the jealous type, but I spend enough time in the dog house, if ya can believe it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
IDK how well she acts. But wasn’t he in The Blindside? I don’t think he was that bad of an actor as long as he doesn’t have a lot of screen time. Supporting role, not a leading role.

FarmerTan

IDK how well she acts. But wasn’t he in The Blindside? I don’t think he was that bad of an actor as long as he doesn’t have a lot of screen time. Supporting role, not a leading role.
He ain't bad at all. I will probably get lambasted for saying this, but ... How hard can PASSABLE acting be for an entertainer? If you are able to speak in front of a large audience (I have several times) or sing, or be a comedian... I mean, how hard can it be? I don't imagine that Mr or Mrs McGraw are gonna be a Sir Lawrence Oliver or "OhLivEA" but I can't see them wrecking too many scenes.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you are a celebrity you are an actor on some levels. You are acting happy, or excited, or concerned, or whatever emotion your publicist tells you to be. You are reciting lines you are told to recite. Being a celebrity is acting how the public wants/thinks you should act. A lot of musical artists have gone to acting and really excelled - Ice Cube?? Eminem had a good movie. Justin Timberlake had several movies. Who else?? Clearly it’s not THAT hard.

I also think we as the general public forgive lack of acting skills if it’s a known celebrity

FarmerTan

If you are a celebrity you are an actor on some levels. You are acting happy, or excited, or concerned, or whatever emotion your publicist tells you to be. You are reciting lines you are told to recite. Being a celebrity is acting how the public wants/thinks you should act. A lot of musical artists have gone to acting and really excelled - Ice Cube?? Eminem had a good movie. Justin Timberlake had several movies. Who else?? Clearly it’s not THAT hard.

I also think we as the general public forgive lack of acting skills if it’s a known celebrity
Well stated. What's that Cajun singer's name? Harry something. Acted with Sandra Bullock I think. Lyle Lovett too.

And we can't forget the Kardashians!

Just spoke with my long time pal Sam Andrews who, last week, completed the order “Yellowstone” placed with him to make the leather gear which will be used by the cast this upcoming season. He mentioned some of the actors were really particular about the fit, cant, etc. of their rigs. He mentioned some of the gear was made for Colt SAA and Lightning pistols. Also discussed how the creation of a 24” waist gunbelt for one of the actresses was a task indeed.

Last edited:
god, but Yellowstone is ridiculous on the soap opera story lines. not quite as bad as Sons of Anarchy, but close. I watched for the eye candy, views, pretty scenery, and real ranching/riding work displayed, and put up with the soap opera. I like a lot of the actors, and musician "non-actor" actors so I stayed for longer than I would have otherwise. but everyone getting blown up/kilt? nah, I'm out on the new sesason.

Well stated. What's that Cajun singer's name? Harry something. Acted with Sandra Bullock I think. Lyle Lovett too.

And we can't forget the Kardashians!
Harry Conick jr.

Ryan Bingham did a fine job acting in Yellowstone. it helps that he was a cowpoke and rodeoing before he realized he was making more money singing after the rodeos than riding. a couple grammies later, he's doing alright.

Top Bottom