What's new

I think I’ll just stay here and drink

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Oh dear lord....who taught Dave to link to YouTube???? Hahaha
Dude. I am SO GLAD MY SON ISN'T ON HERE!

True confession time: I'm kinda old.

So I have been looking at stuff on YouTube. For like 2 hours? Anyway there is a song that I finally found by Chris (I couldn't remember his name, lol!) Isaak. Found out it's called wicked game, I think.

Anyway, I watched a version of it. I loved his voice a long time ago. Then a version popped up with a woman called Lana del Rey. Or Ray? Anyway, never heard of her.

That's why I'm glad my son is not on here, because I have a feeling she is famous, because she has a YouTube channel and 10 million followers? I think they are called. And I am pretty sure he has heard of her and would make fun of me.

I listened to a song of hers from 8 years ago, and to be honest, I was not impressed. So sue me, sonny boy!

Reactions: Anu

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Good voice. Thank you for posting.
There was a time in my life when Gary Stewart and a bottle of Jack Daniels were regular occurrences. In my opinion he has some of the best drinking songs out there. My liver still quivers in terror when I listen to “Shes Acting Single” and “Whisky Trip.”

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

So I have been looking at stuff on YouTube. For like 2 hours? Anyway there is a song that I finally found by Chris (I couldn't remember his name, lol!) Isaak. Found out it's called wicked game, I think.

Anyway, I watched a version of it. I loved his voice a long time ago. Then a version popped up with a woman called Lana del Rey. Or Ray? Anyway, never heard of her.

That's why I'm glad my son is not on here, because I have a feeling she is famous, because she has a YouTube channel and 10 million followers? I think they are called. And I am pretty sure he has heard of her and would make fun of me.

I listened to a song of hers from 8 years ago, and to be honest, I was not impressed. So sue me, sonny boy!

I think you're right where you need to be. Sounds perfect.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

She is.
Here's her version of "Once Upon a Dream" from the movie Maleficent. Nice version.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
She is.
Here's her version of "Once Upon a Dream" from the movie Maleficent. Nice version.
Wait a minute......did she sing the song in "Frozen" that EVERY little kid sings at the age of 18 to 24 months?

If so, I DO know of her. Like @captp , I am a secret Disney Princess and love that movie.

Love Merle. Love Country. Love a lot of other music too, even Rap. In my opinion all drinking songs are just a form of Blues. Try this one (explicit lyrics):

That last rapper I like and everything but this next one is by an artist who I think is infinitely more talented. Fun fact, one Jelly Roll's best friends and frequent music collaborators is Struggle Jennings, step-grandson of Waylon Jennings.

Top Bottom