What's new

I need help.....

Hi all,

Over the past couple of months I have been on a bit of a spree and have been trying a variety of brushes.

Here is my current collection (excluding my boars).

Left to right: Rooney 1/1 Super, Simpsons Duke 3 Best, Rooney Stubby 2, Simpsons Chubby 2 Super, Rooney Alibaba 2, Rooney 3/1 (with a much higher loft than is normal...), Savile Row 3122 Silvertip, Somerset Simpsons Polo 8 in Best.

Now, due to financial requirements, I want to sell off most of these. The Chubby 2 is the most expensive, and if I decide to keep that I will sell all the others. If I decide to keep more than one, I will sell the Chubby.

So.... your combined wisdom and expertise would be very welcomed in helping me decide. I love them all, and really could be happy with any one of them, to be honest.

I may even list them all on the BST and keep the last one to sell! :w00t:

I face lather pretty much exclusively with soaps, but I do use creams occasionally (also face lathered).

Regards,

John

Quite a nice collection you have there. IMO I'd keep the chubby (don't have one but when my funds are good I'll defin. Get one) and the polo 8.

They all look great, but if I had to keep just 1, I'd go with the Rooney Alibaba 2. That's just me however. I really believe that you have to keep the one that works the best for you. Give it some time and really compare them all. Good luck. :tongue_sm :001_rolle :w00t:

Let me get this straight you want us to marvel at your collection then discuss the merits of brushes you can't afford to keep?

Splendid.

Let me get this straight you want us to marvel at your collection then discuss the merits of brushes you can't afford to keep?

Splendid.

Haha!

I'd like opinions on which 1 (or two) to keep, bearing in mind that some are redundant and quite similar, and that there's probably not much point in keeping say, the Chubby and the Stubby, for example.

Keeping my fave... well this part of the problem, I like them all in different ways! :w00t:

John

What a collection.

You should keep your personal fave., regardless of price.

+1. I face lather soaps pretty much exclusively, so if it were me I would keep the Rooney 1/1 or Stubby 2. You're not me, though. Out of all my brushes, my 1/1 could very well be my favorite. It's tied for first, anyway.

-Andy

Top Bottom