What's new

I love my Moka pot!

I have a Mukka too and it makes a very decent Cappuccino. It is a really clever contraption and it is fun to watch and when the button pops it really steams the milk well. The only issue I have is that it doesn't produce a really hot cap (or latte) unless you pre-heat the milk a little. They are pretty expensive but my girlfriend found mine at Home Sense for about $25 which is a steal - the only issue I have is that it's pink but I guess I have Trumper's Violet in my rotation of creams so.......

I think 6 cups just means six espresso cups.

I figured, that's why I've been able to justify drinking 6 of them in one sitting. I figure it's kinda like a weaker espresso, so it's only really like 3 cups, which is perfectly reasonable.

Although anyone know how strong it actually is compared to a shot of espresso, or just a cup of coffee? I know it's somewhere in between, but is it 50% espresso, or 80%?

I'm fortunate enough to have a Mokapot at work, the filter stuff here is.. :eek:

Anyway it's an electric model called MokaEasy:

proxy.php

It's an okay thing to have here at work, but the stovetop models are way better.

Although anyone know how strong it actually is compared to a shot of espresso, or just a cup of coffee? I know it's somewhere in between, but is it 50% espresso, or 80%?

Judging completely off the taste, my Moka comes out awfully close to espresso. If you want a number, I'll guess 85%...

I suppose that you could figure the grams of coffee grounds used and the volume of water pushed through the grounds, and the amount of time is allowed for extraction, but it's been an awful long time scince I took calculus, so I'd rather guess.

I agree, I think it comes pretty close. I really like it, and as pointed out a couple of posts back, it also makes a pretty good Cappuccino.

I would imagine that the Brikka model posted earlier by Trius would come even closer.

I really loved my Bialletti until I got an Aeropress, which is so much faster and easier and actually turns out a better cup (for me, at least). Usually I resist new/high-tech developments a little, but man, my Aeropress has rendered my Bialletti (and my French press) obsolete.

Oh, and they're under $30.

Top Bottom