• 80 - 89

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • 90 - 99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 or >100

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a birth year C1 Tech and a birth quarter C4 Flare Tip Superspeed.

Ironically, I still remember not fully understanding what Abbie Hoffman meant when he said “Don’t trust anyone over 30”.

Poor Abbie Hoffman...sounds like a lieutenant in the Bader-Meinhoff Gang.

The ones over 30 are the only ones interesting enough to listen to. Once while I was eating brunch at a restaurant I met a veteran U.S. Navy destroyer man from WW2. He liked the B-2 bomber jacket I was wearing, and from that I learned he was in the Battle of Leyte Gulf. On a Fletcher-class.

Hoffman was wrong. Always seek out someone over 30 to talk too. They will more likely have done stuff worth listening to.

Ironically, I still remember not fully understanding what Abbie Hoffman meant when he said “Don’t trust anyone over 30”.

Poor Abbie Hoffman...sounds like a lieutenant in the Bader-Meinhoff Gang.

The ones over 30 are the only ones interesting enough to listen to. Once while I was eating brunch at a restaurant I met a veteran U.S. Navy destroyer man from WW2. He liked the B-2 bomber jacket I was wearing, and from that I learned he was in the Battle of Leyte Gulf. On a Fletcher-class.

Hoffman was wrong. Always seek out someone over 30 to talk too. They will more likely have done stuff worth listening to.

The phrase was coined by Jack Weinberg, and it's typically quoted out-of-context. During the campus protests at Berkeley, he warned the students (average age 20ish) that just because someone older was with them on one issue didn't mean that person was with them on every issue. Thirty was about 1/2 a generation older than the average student there. After all, they grew up in a different time and were formed by different experiences.

Which is why I agree with Ashley. If you're smart, you don't want to limit your data gathering to people in lock-step with your way of thinking. You want to hear arguments and stories from a wide variety of opinions, beleifs and experiences.

Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors style! That was quite a harrowing time to be a destroyer man. Those guys went through hell, especially at the Battle of Leyte Gulf.

I'd read that book before I met the man. I don't remember the name of his destroyer, but it was not one in Taffy 3. I think it was one with the main U.S. naval force.

Don't if I mentioned it but 59 this april, but I don't feel 59. Can't say feel like 18 but mid 20s

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
rbscebu:
I'm 60yrs 'young' (a
proxy.php
...and yes...I'm stubborn as a bull), and I welcome getting older because (through a prism), I get the chance to look and think of the past with the same passions of living
the present.
proxy.php

In reflection, I try to reach 'deep' within myself and find a peace that is not elusive: that is the benefit of 'the circle of life'. :thumbsup:

Getting Old.jpg
"[Getting on in years] should merely indicate where the smiles have been". Mark Twain

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Kinda interesting - roughly 44% under 50. Roughly 55% over 50.

a good majority of the Barbershop threads make a lot of sense now.

Top Bottom