What's new

How much is enough

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I was wondering what is to much aftershave applied. I usually put ten droos in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together a little and apply to my face. I work installing ethernet cables and get some not so flattering comments from the guys I work with.

Enough so when you are done applying to your face, your hands are not wet or dripping in it.

I work in a "scent free" office, so generally use Lucky Tiger in summer, balms in winter and any scented AS on weekends and days off.

It shouldn't be so strong that it offends people around you. If it is, your using too much or the scent is too strong.

You can also cut it with witch hazel or Lucky Tiger when applying, to lower the scent.

Totally depends on the strength of the scent. Most aftershaves only last a few minutes, so it should be pretty toned down by the time you get to work. The scent really shouldn't linger too long. People shouldn't be able to smell it unless they are very close to you.

Presuming the OP means how much for an aftershave to do its job, which is being a sanitizer, moisturizer and astringent, it would depend on the type. There are lotions, balms and splashes. Generally, less is more for me so a nickel size amount for lotions and balms and little more for splashes that don't have a strong scent. If more strongly scented, I use it more sparingly out of respect for others that don't appreciate my fragrance choice.

I was wondering what is to much aftershave applied. I usually put ten droos in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together a little and apply to my face. I work installing ethernet cables and get some not so flattering comments from the guys I work with.
What aftershave(s) are you using?

You could splash ten bottles of Speick all over your body and none of the guys would say anything since the scent would be gone by the time you got to work.

10 drops is nothing. They are jealous of you. Tell them they smell bad.

been using pinaud clubman and I use a lot :) cheap enough no worries I like it wet on my face then put on Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel and rub it all in :)
going to try some captain scent to :)

I like to do a refresh around 1-2 and then use a small amount

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Too much is when my wife tells me she could smell it before I walked into the room. One of my favorites is Proraso green aftershave. It feels good and smells great. I can use as much as I want without filling up a room.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don’t skimp to save on product or not smell strong for a while. I load up. Especially if it’s alcohol based. Dump it in my hands, rub them together, rub my face. Repeat. I don’t have an answer for “how much is enough”. I just apply until my face is covered and I’m happy. Might be a little with one product, might be a lot with another. Who knows.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
What aftershave(s) are you using?

You could splash ten bottles of Speick all over your body and none of the guys would say anything since the scent would be gone by the time you got to work.
I've been using Stirling Arkadia, MITA, Furbo Vintage Blu, PAA Atomic Bay Rum.

Depends on the aftershave. If you're using Lilac Vegetal, then there is no real limit, 10-20 healthy palmfuls may not be enough!

I've been using Stirling Arkadia, MITA, Furbo Vintage Blu, PAA Atomic Bay Rum.

I own Furbo and Arkadia -- I sampled MITA and I know PAA by reputation. I think all of these aftershaves are pretty strong.

Ten drops are nothing compared to how much product I splash on after a shave. I splash it on like there is no tomorrow (I'm working from home, so no judging noses around). I think you should look for another aftershave. You could try something like Proraso (green), Captain's Choice or even Floid Suave.

I would also talk to your friends at work. I would ask them if they are messing with you just for the heck of it or if they actually don't enjoy the smell of your aftershaves.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I work at home these days so it is something of a moot point but I splash on liberal amounts of AS and cologne several times a day in the style of Charles Bronson because I enjoy it and I have gallons of the stuff. I don't care for the idea of a scent free office, it didn't used to be necessary and it still isn't in my opinion. There are plenty of things I dislike about my workmates but I don't expect them to change simply because of my preferences. Nobody has the right to go through life without being offended or without disliking the choices of others, and increasing numbers of people seek out things about which to complain and rub their hands with glee when they find it. If someone does not like my cologne then that's just too bad, I could not care less; of course when half the office complain then that is a different matter.

If someone does not like my cologne then that's just too bad, I could not care less

Me! Me! Me!

I'm glad I don't work in the same office with you.

A man's cologne would probably not bother me at all, but I've been around women with too much perfume. It's not a good experience to be around a smell that is making you nauseous. Thank goodness for scent free offices (and I'm a guy who likes to splash it on). I asked my office mate to tell me when he could smell my AS -- I stopped using a particular product if he did.

About splashes, 20 drops is roughly 1 ml and that’s plenty for a good application. 10 drops on the other hand is quite little and can be unpleasant to apply because it dries up pretty quickly and I like to massage it to my face until it dries

I generally stay around 15 drops, but I don’t count every drop precisely

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I own Furbo and Arkadia -- I sampled MITA and I know PAA by reputation. I think all of these aftershaves are pretty strong.

Ten drops are nothing compared to how much product I splash on after a shave. I splash it on like there is no tomorrow (I'm working from home, so no judging noses around). I think you should look for another aftershave. You could try something like Proraso (green), Captain's Choice or even Floid Suave.

I would also talk to your friends at work. I would ask them if they are messing with you just for the heck of it or if they actually don't enjoy the smell of your aftershaves.
I install cables for computers and a/v. Most guys in this field don't wear cologne or aftershave to work. I wear aftershave to work because I like to put on an aftershave after? You guessed it, after I shave. Because I work with other men I think they feel I have no reason to wear aftershave or cologne. I they don't like it, oh well. I wear it for me not them. Especially something menthol.

Top Bottom