What's new

How many of you guys use powder after a shower?

LOL, gold.

I use Prantal powder, here in Australia. Works pretty well, to a point. It's talc-like, but has an active ingredient..of some sort :p
Also use a heavy-duty anti-perspirant as I'm a sweaty bastard.

I have been a major post shower powderer since childhood. At age 60 living in a dry climate but doing proceedures which can raise a sweat I use store brand baby powder in the armpits, back, feet and nasty bits most of the year but gold bond in the summer and when traveling. Use an antifungal foot powder after time at the gym or pool. Keeps me much more comfortable and composed. It supports the deodorant well. I was told my grandfather used to leave his bathroom looking like a snowstorm!

I have both the gold and green bottles of Gold Bond I use for industrial occasions but the smell is a little distracting. I'm thinking of trying the 'Gold Bond Cornstarch Plus Baby Powder' I saw that that the nursery in several our Hosp's use it and it's in the care package they send home with new mothers. (so the price is right :)

Last edited:
I'd likely have moved back to the US long ago if it weren't for a talc product here called Prickly Heat Powder. The name is all wrong and terrified me at first ... it's just the opposite of prickly or hot. I buy it in large, stylish 350-gram tins and dust myself shoulder to toes twice a day. This plus cold showers, aftershave and air conditioning are my recipe for sanity in this heat.

We have had a very long, very hot summer, here. A week or so ago, I noticed some kind of rash in both armpits. I do not believe it was caused by my deodorant, because I have been using the same brand for quite a few years. But, I stopped using it and have been using Triple Action Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder for the past week or so. It is relieving the rash and it is also very comfortable and refreshing.

Tim

I used to powder my feet with Gold Bond, but was advised against it by the VA. I've got Type II diabetes as a result of agent orange and they said it promotes something or other (I forget what) so I stopped using it. As an aside, Gold Bond was originally manufactured in my hometown. They produced it once a week and when they did the whole neighborhood smelled of Gold Bond.

Talc sure works great if you are going to sit on a motorcycle all day long. Makes the difference in being able to enjoy yourself or constantly trying to re-arrange your hind end looking for a comfortable spot that no longer exists. It's one of the best kept secrets in motorcycle riding. If the secret ever gets out, Harley will repackage Gold Bond in a black and orange bottle, cut the amount in half and charge ten times more. It will be calles "Killer Mike's hog straddlin' dust" or something similar with a $35 price tag for a bottle you can keep in your shirt pocket. Good thing then is that B&B readers will be able to buy a chrome plated "dustin' brush" with a scull shaped handle to apply said powder. It will have a chrome chain to hook it to your belt so no one steals it.

Last edited:
I prefer Gold Bond (or a derivative). The summers here in SW Virginia can get pretty humid, so I use it to control things below the waist. Recently I picked up a huge 10 oz bottle of a store brand called Perfect Purity Medicated Body Powder for a dollar. The back label is nearly identical to a Gold Bond label (ingredients, directions, even the layout is the same), but I have found that the store brand is more cornstarch-based than GB. It also has one hell of a menthol kick! Best dollar I've spent in a while.

Top Bottom