What's new

How Long Does Your BBS Result Last?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I get ten to twelve hours before I notice the whiskers reappearing on the bottom and sides of my chin depending on how well I buffed these areas.

I'm retired now so I don't need to look presentable to anyone buy my wife and my occasional glance at myself in a mirror throughout the day. I do like to be clean shaven when we venture out into the world. I shave in the late afternoon so I'm feeling smooth for dinner... until we head off to sleep.

That said, I really only shave every other day unless as I mentioned above, we leave the house. I will say this, when we get back home, I have several new razors waiting for me. I might end up shaving every day for a while just to try them all out individually for 5 shaves in a row or so. Proper motivation, perhaps. <eg>

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
i know it's sacrilege but my BBS shaves have been more consistently achievable and longer lasting, with less irritation, since I switched to electric razors.

I suppose I measure it by how long I consider myself "presentable". A bbs/dfs in the morning will do for the rest of the day and the next. I shave every other day. Shaving every day, I've found, produces little to no effect, save to put stress on skin that would just as soon have another day off.

i know it's sacrilege but my BBS shaves have been more consistently achievable and longer lasting, with less irritation, since I switched to electric razors.
It's not sacrilege, it's a fact. I have a high-end electric shaver and I can honestly say that very few razors can give such a clean shave without irritation.
However, I continue to shave classically because I think it is more interesting, but it is neither easier nor gentler.

It's not sacrilege, it's a fact. I have a high-end electric shaver and I can honestly say that very few razors can give such a clean shave without irritation.
However, I continue to shave classically because I think it is more interesting, but it is neither easier nor gentler.
Which electric razor do you have?

I keep a one blade around for sideburns.

I shave every other evening, and a BBS lasts about 12 hours, and a DFS lasts nearly 24.
But then my whiskers don't grow as fast, now that I'm in my dotage. 😁

12 years!
IMG_7165.jpeg

Top Bottom