What's new

Horn scale resoration ?

I know I've read it on here some time back but can't seem to find it now. What is it that you can soak horn scales in to clear up the hazing of old ones. I know it a product for horses hooves. Anyone know what it's called or any other methods ?

You can polish horn. Dremel works, but has a tendency to overheat, so I highly recommend NOT using the dremel. Buffing wheel works well. Hand polishing also works.

I would like to treat them but as long as they are cleaned up. The blade is in great shape it is stamped with DAMASCENE but does not look like Damascus steel. Great shaver.

I know I've read it on here some time back but can't seem to find it now. What is it that you can soak horn scales in to clear up the hazing of old ones. I know it a product for horses hooves. Anyone know what it's called or any other methods ?

It's called neatsfoot oil and it works excellent at nourishing and restoring horn.

You can even sand horn to repair or smoothen out cracks, tears or chips. I usually start with 220 grit sandpaper all the way to 600 grit followed by white rouge with my buffing wheels on a very low speed.

Or you can use micro mesh available up to 12K. Puts a really high shine on horn amongst other materials or finishes.

Thats the stuff. This razor has become my favorite shaver but just needs some scale cleaning. Thank both of you.

Top Bottom