What's new

Honing every day

Until you get the razor sharp, your shave will feel uncomfortable.

By that I mean that you will have to drag and press your razor and tug it through your beard. A sharp straight should be about as easy to pull through your beard as your fusion. Maybe just a bit harder because the blade is a lot wider and may be cutting accross a wider width of beard.

The other thing when people talk about hanging hairs and thumb nail tests etc.,
You have a fusion, so you know how sharp a razor edge feels. Your straight edge should be as sharp as the edge on a new fusion blade. So cut a hair on the new fusion and see if the straight will match it. If it doesn’t, you will need to learn how to use the hones some more.

Hope that helps.

B

bluefoxicy

By that I mean that you will have to drag and press your razor and tug it through your beard. A sharp straight should be about as easy to pull through your beard as your fusion.

The Fusion feels like velcro after 2-3 days of not shaving, the straight cuts a bit easier but it's still capable of tugging the skin around.

The other thing when people talk about hanging hairs and thumb nail tests etc.,
You have a fusion, so you know how sharp a razor edge feels. Your straight edge should be as sharp as the edge on a new fusion blade. So cut a hair on the new fusion and see if the straight will match it. If it doesn’t, you will need to learn how to use the hones some more.

I've got plenty of DE blades, and they're way, WAY sharper than the blade on the Fusion. The blade for my Feather AC is HELL sharp, I reached over to pick it up once and then looked down and there was shedding everywhere; I had moved the blade past my arm, and whatever hair it contacted it cut without me feeling it. I'm lucky I didn't bump the blade into my arm!

My Dovo isn't quite that sharp yet. I can remove arm hair with just the right angle gliding just over the root. It can't do anything mid-way up the shaft. Comparing it to a Fusion blade, I think it's somewhat sharper; at least it pulls less. But to a DE blade, or the blades for the Feather AC? Nooooo....

Top Bottom