What's new

Hey! Not bad. Not Great, but not bad!

Okay 4th shave with the SS Shavette. I've been using only one hand & only going WTG. On top of that only shaving with the Shavette on weekends. Since the urge to buy a full hollow is getting stronger, I figured I better test the waters with a real life application. (I.E. Full shave on a workday, in the A.M.) Here is this morning's set up:

Tabac Soap
C&E Best Badger
DOVO SS Shavette
Feather Blade
Tabac AS

1st off I finally learned to hold the razor right & what a difference! WTG was the best yet, plus I wear tapered sideburns & was able to shape tham perfectly! Then the 1st trick, switched to lefty!!!!! Things went great & I was actually suprised! Now with my DE im a 2 pass guy. WTG then ATG, that being said I switched back to righty & started with the neck ATG. Again very suprised at how the grip & angle seemed to work very well. Fumbled a little with certain spots, specifically under the chin. Wasn't sure at which point to switch back to lefty. All and all very decent shave had exactly 3 nicks, all around the chin, all on the ATG pass. AS Splashed burned a little more than normal letting me know my technique needs improvement, but the shave was better than expected & fun to boot! Not my best shave, but not my worst by any means, I've done worse when rushing the DE. Can't wait to try it all again tomorrow!

Congratulations:

I've been shaving with a straight edge about six weeks now myself.. and it defiantly gets better each time.

The guys here are a great help offering good feedback and encouragement.

Sounds like your on your way.

I started directly with a straight, so I can't talk about shavettes. As the others said, is just practice.
Keep an eye on your angle, and direction of your hair and you'll be fine.

What I do, whenever going Nto S or ATG I flatten the blade a bit and very gently glide over my face.

I haven't had razor burn for about a month now (I being using a straight for about 2)

Top Bottom