What's new

Henson Razor Club.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
New razor maker up in Canada.

Henson Razors

Anyone tried them?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have one. Good travel razor. Great efficiency considering that their is very little blade exposure. I like it.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have one. Good travel razor. Great efficiency considering that their is very little blade exposure. I like it.

Do you have the more aggressive Men's version or the less aggressive one? Would it be possible to provide a photo of the inside of the cap and base to illustrate how the blade mounts?

eric

Do you have the more aggressive Men's version or the less aggressive one? Would it be possible to provide a photo of the inside of the cap and base to illustrate how the blade mounts?

eric
I can certainly do this tonight. The pics I posted are of the men's version. It's not aggressive at all. Probably the least aggressive razor I've used, but it is shockingly efficient. It gives me a great shave.

I think that's just my poor photography

I was thinking it was an illusion because it almost looks as if the handle is closer to one side as well. Ha you never know what they will come up with now days, seems they have a think tank for everything

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I can certainly do this tonight. The pics I posted are of the men's version. It's not aggressive at all. Probably the least aggressive razor I've used, but it is shockingly efficient. It gives me a great shave.

How efficient is it? By "shockingly efficient", is it able to match other high efficiency razors such as the CG L3?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
When I say shockingly efficient, It's because of the blade exposure of the razor. Virtually impossible to cut yourself. It's not in the same realm as the CG L3. It is however as efficient as the Gamechanger 84 for me.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

So I shaved with this razor this morning, mainly because it was a topic of conversation. It's a different shave from anything else I've shaved with. Why do I say that? First, the aluminum is ridiculously light. It's the lightest thing I've shaved with and that includes the titanium razors I've shaved with. It holds the blade just like any other DE razor I've used. I'll try to get pictures up tonight with the head apart. The fit and finish is really good. While the blade gap may be large, the actual blade exposure is tiny. That's what I was trying to show in the pictures. It's almost impossible to cut yourself with this razor. So what does all of this mean? You have to apply some pressure to shave with this razor. The weight, combined with the blade exposure means you can't shave without more pressure than a normal SS DE.

The shave - I used Dr. Jon's this morning with a Nacet blade and I got a BBS shave with this razor. My technique was a standard 3 pass shave with some clean-up. The blade is held very rigid in the head, but with so little blade exposure and weight, you have to press down pretty hard to actually cut hair. One thing I did notice is that I had to rinse the head more often than normal to clear out cream and hair build up. I typically do long strokes when I shave, but it's really not appropriate with this razor because of the amount of pressure. Shorter strokes lead to better results. I had no issues getting the razor into problem areas under the nose because of the head configuration.

My three passes were WTG, ATG, XTG respectively. After the shave, I had some cleanup, which is normal with all but the most efficient of razors for me. Primarily, on my jaw line and chin. I did another quick pass and was smooth as silk. Now, 5 hours later, I'm still smooth. Overall, I'm impressed. It's not the best shave I've ever had, but it's pretty darn good. When I got the razor, I was skeptical. I don't generally like light razors. Then, when I put a blade in the thing and saw that there's so little blade exposure, I thought I'd be switching to the Wolfman or Alpha mid-shave, but I was wrong. I've shaved with this razor twice and the result have been good. Really good.

I just got mine yesterday and gave it a go last night. I concur with the above review. The test for me is the day after. I felt all morning like I had shaved before work. Frequently with more aggressive razors I feel areas where there are ingrown hairs starting, ie I rub my face and it feels in some spots like a hair is poking me. This always leads to red spots and potential infection and not being able to shave for several days. At almost 60, it gets annoying. This one gave me a smooth 2 pass shave, where I usually do only one with my heavier razors. No issues, no irritation, and smooth the next day. I’ll try it again tonight, as daily shaving can really do a job on my face. I want to see if this one passes the daily test.

Top Bottom