What's new

Hello everyone

Hi everyone

I've been shaving with a straight razor since 2014 when I found another straight razor forum. I developed a love for straight razors but an even bigger one for sharpening. I've been through countless different sharpening stones from the Coticule, synthetics, Escher, Arkansas and ceramics etc. I've bought and sold mostly and have settled in on what I like. Which if you can guess from my username involves oilstone's.

Straight razors I don't have a particular preference. German or American steel. Even a GD if I'm feeling ambitious and have a grinder out to fix some geometric anomaly's.

Recently, the last 2 years have been busy in my personal life so I've been loving my stainless Edwin Jager 3ONE6 with a (controversial) Derby blade through most of the week's shaves or neckline touch ups if I've got a beard. I don't know why but a Derby blade just works for me after trying many different blades.

I've got a soft spot for boar brushes, Silvertip is nice but I love a good face lather with a stiff brush, although occasionally I will bust out the lather bowl.

Love me some D.R. Harris Arlington as my daily shave soap. I've only tried that one out of their line up with my eye on Windsor. I don't rotate soaps but I've got a bowl of proraso white. Since modern williams got discontinued I've been on the hunt for a nice lemony scent like that. I feel some people will die inside when they read that.

Aftershave is Clubman Vanilla or Nivea for men.

That about rounds out the post.

I look forward to meeting everyone and I hope I can contribute to this forum in a respectful and helpful manner. :)

Last edited:

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Welcome to the best forum on the web! Sounds like you might have some great information to share concerning straights and sharpening. Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome to B&B.

Lemony? I think there's something of it in Arko, though others make different analogies. It's always worth a try, and as a seasoned user of Derby blades the mixed opinions about it should be right up your street. Stirling Electric Sheep maybe? Or you could go full-on with Tcheon Fung Sing's Rasozero Agrumella.

All the best.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

Top Bottom