What's new

Head Shaving?

Hey all!

Some time ago, I made the switch from a Mach 3 to a DE for my head shaving.

Now, I've got the itch to try out an injector. It seems like the I2 Hydro Magic is what I'm looking for?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a BBS every 2 days?

Also, is there a recommended place to get the I2? It seems like Ebay is low on them.

Thanks!

I find the I to be the last of the good injectors. A little mild for my taste, but not overly so. I prefer the E or G myself. Anything after the I has too long of a handle and gets awkward at times. Some guys love the long handles though. They're cheap so I say try a few.

I should add I've never tried the Hydro Magic lever, so I can't say whether it's worth having.

I find the I to be the last of the good injectors. A little mild for my taste, but not overly so. I prefer the E or G myself. Anything after the I has too long of a handle and gets awkward at times. Some guys love the long handles though. They're cheap so I say try a few.

I should add I've never tried the Hydro Magic lever, so I can't say whether it's worth having.

Thanks! Is there a better place than Ebay to get them? Are the Schick blades the go-to?

I find almost all my razors locally. But I have used our BST forum for a few and have had good experiences. The Chinese made Schicks are all I have tried and I love them. Not a whole lot of choices and the Schicks do seem to be the go-to.

Out of all the safety razors I've used to shave my head, and I've used alot, the GEM MM Clog Pruf and MMOC are my favorites.

I strictly BBS my head everytime I shave it, was shaving it daily, now every 2-3 days.

I may still have an I1 injector, I'll check when I get home from vacation if you're interested.

Out of all the safety razors I've used to shave my head, and I've used alot, the GEM MM Clog Pruf and MMOC are my favorites.

I strictly BBS my head everytime I shave it, was shaving it daily, now every 2-3 days.

I may still have an I1 injector, I'll check when I get home from vacation if you're interested.

I looked into GEMS. You prefer them over injectors?

First, I can BBS my face and head with just about any razor, DE or SE.

I like the weight of the Micromatic's and round handles. Easy to change blades and very easy to master shaving with if you follow the manufacturer's instructions.

I have to shave in several directions with many strokes, it doesn't take long and results are irritation free.

Blades are $.15 each if ordered in bulk.

I like my ATT SE1 AC razor with a Schick Proline also, but the wider blade doesn't benefit my round dome and the blades cost more, performance is about the same.

Injectors are typically light and have odd shaped handles.

The Schick blades don't leave my skin feeling how I would like after the shave. Schick Proline has an injector version of the AC blade I love, but it doesn't have a key to load them, so you would have to load the blades into a cartridge with a key first to use them.

The Japanese Twin injector blades are smooth but I tend to get ingrown hairs from them.

I'd rather have "enough" blade exposure and put in the work needed to BBS my head than having more blade exposure and risk irritating my skin.

The Micromatic's fits my needs perfectly for a comfortable BBS shave everytime.

I use a L2 Schick for my head shave and shave every other day on my head. I have picked up a Moto when Walgreen's was clearing them out for a couple of bucks but still haven't used it yet as that L2 just seems to get me BBS very quickly. For face shaves I use an assortment of DE, SE and injectors.

For the past 5 years I've been shaving mine with a Soluna DE. Switched to Merkur 34C recently. Every wednesday and sunday first the face, then the head. Tried Gillette Fusion and disposables too, they clog too quickly.

When I first switched from DE to SE I exclusively shaved my head with Schick L or M (easy cheap Ebay find) type with the Chinese schick injector blades for perfect results everytime. Always found them mild and efficient. Effortless BBS..same result in my type O clone I had gotten from ebarbershop.

Also, in AC format the Schick pro lines give me the same result. I use those in my Occam’s.
In case you’re interested for future reference I love the head shave I get from my OneBlade Hybrid.
And my most interesting recent acquisition is my Focus Dynamic. Using “halved” DE blades is pretty incredible. I stopped using traditional DE razors some time back because they always left me somewhat irritated. The Focus gets some hate because it’s not a true SE but I have found the way the blade is held in its pivoting head it flattens and gives it the feel of rigidity that entirely changes the feel. It’s tamed my left over Feathers and gives me an extremely mild efficient bbs shave on both my head and face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Most often I use a Gem style. Damaskeene, ER 1914, MMOC, PAA Starling V2 OC. I don't really shave DE anymore, but I used a PAA slant and a Wardonia for a while. That Wardonia is one wicked shaver. Back to SE I also use ATT SE1 and SE2, but with the Feather Pro blades.

O.H.

I’ve been shaving my head with my RR Hawk, but was recently introduced by my son to a Kickstarter headshaver called the Omnishaver. It’s really an incredible device. I can achieve an irritation-free BBS shave in about 45 seconds.

I’ve been shaving my head with my RR Hawk, but was recently introduced by my son to a Kickstarter headshaver called the Omnishaver. It’s really an incredible device. I can achieve an irritation-free BBS shave in about 45 seconds.

Looks like that 45 second BBS costs a pretty penny!

Multi blade razors don't work for me, I get ingrown hairs from them.

I was using DE for a couple of years - switched to Paradigm SE last year - haven’t looked back

BBS all the time, very very rarely do I get irritation or cuts

I donmt shave my head everyday, every 5 days works for me

Top Bottom