What's new

Having a time with this razor

I have 5 razors. I have one that is a bear to get as sharp as the others. It is carbon steel. I have taken it through all the same progressions as the others and spent a little more time with it on the 8K and 12K levels. My fridour is killer sharp my waker 1/4 grind is too. My new ugly little Challenge razor just came off the hones and is going to get tested in the morn (it is popping hairs like a champ).
I just have the hardest time getting this particular razor to pop hairs like the others or do a little shave test on that soft upper bicep hair that the other sharp ones will just melt off. (that is my last test before the shave test)

I would rather not mention the name of this razor because someone may think that I am bashing the razor. This is a pretty expensive razor from one of my most favorite vendors. I do not want to bring anything negative towards them. I am sure it is "user error".

What can I do? I have thought about selling it and getting another razor that is a little bit easier to hone.

Suggestions?

Top Bottom