What's new

Have a Semogue 1250...will I like the Mistura?

The Semogue 1250 has been my only brush for years now. I'm a bowl latherer, mostly use creams/croaps and have somewhat sensitive skin. The 1250 is an awesome brush (and even better given how inexpensive it is), but want to add a second brush to the stable. Want to keep it under $100 and wouldn't mind sticking with Semogue since the 1250 has treated me so well. I used to have a 610 and liked it, but the handle/shape wasn't great for bowl lathering and it seemed better suited for face lathering.

I really do like the 1250. It bowl laters like a champ, love the handle shape and feels great on the face. I considered just getting a second 1250, but what's the fun in that, right?

That brings me to the Mistura Owner's Club Butterscotch or Taj (same brush, just different handles).

Would it be too similar to the 1250 and not worth it, or do you all think it would be a nice compliment to the 1250? Is the badger/boar combo hype, or are these brushes light years ahead of my 1250?

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 3.19.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 3.19.25 PM.png

Not sure about handle choices with the mistura, but I have a cherry SOC and picked up a butterscotch. I very much prefer the weight and balance of the wood vs the resin.

Never tried the 1250 but the Mistura is an excellent brush. Soft with some good backbone. I use mainly synthetics and boars, but always enjoy the Mistura when it comes back around in my rotation.

I bought a trilogy of SOC brushes a few years back: boar, 2-band finest badger and mistura. The, over the last month or two, I bought the same trilogy in the Torga C5. Really enjoying the shorter knots and handles on the C5 brushes.

Top Bottom