What's new

Haslinger soap

Grated Coconut in an IKEA tin after 2 passes with a Plissoft.
I honestly believe it is the finest soap made today.
View attachment 647413

I disagree with you VTMAX. Haslinger Coconut is not the greatest soap ever. The greatest soap ever is whichever version of Haslinger currently resides in MY soap dish.

How are you liking the Plissoft Monster?

Snowman, really enjoying the Monster. Thought it might be too big but it is wonderful whipping up and working Haslinger into 2 or 3 days of growth.

Used the Honig stick today that I made yesterday. Just to make sure it works properly before I travel of course!

This was my first use of the Honig and it is AWESOME this might be my favorite so far in scent wise (I think they all perform the same)

It reminds me of eating a banana and honey sandwich while fishing with my dad!

Schafmilch for me today!! Great stuff!!

My 'problem' is that I keep coming back to the sage, sandalwood and schafmilch.

This means that I am not getting to the rest of the Haslinger's options!! Woe is me!!! :lol:

Schafmilch for me today!! Great stuff!!

My 'problem' is that I keep coming back to the sage, sandalwood and schafmilch.

This means that I am not getting to the rest of the Haslinger's options!! Woe is me!!! :lol:

I don't know how you cope. :laugh:

Does schafmilch provide a better post-shave than any of the others or are they all the same?

What is SPA?
Not to me. If it does, it is a marginal difference and one mosf wouldn't be able to tell in a blind shave off or if they didn't know ingredients.

SPA is a location where mineral-rich spring water (and sometimes seawater) is used to give medicinal baths..[emoji12].

If you are referring to the SPA scent, I think it is some sort of Sandalwood mix.

The SPA line is just described as "a heavily scented sandalwood scent with a bolder, cologne-like scent". I've been reading this thread for a couple days and had to see what the fuss is about, so I ordered a puck of the SPA sandalwood along with a bunch of various samples. I like checking out samples before I buy a larger quantity but the price of Haslinger makes it easy to just drop a few extra dollars for the full size. And if I don't like it I'm sure someone here will :tongue_sm

I would say yes.
And the spa scent is a slightly different and stronger sandalwood than the sandalwood scent.

So sandalwood today and schafmilch tomorrow! :thumbup1:

Guess i I could test this theory with schafmilch today and sandalwood tomorrow! :001_smile

Decisions, decisions! Life is tough! :thumbup:

It has arrived (secretly at work and will smuggle home in backpack) ....and tonight I enjoy.
$image.jpg

I had an uncomfortable experience with DR Harris Aftershave Milk. Which contains lanolin. As does this soap. It had been on my list of 'trys' but now I'm wary. Has anyone with a previous lanolin problem tolerated this soap?

I wonder if it was the lanolin, it's a natural wax and pretty unlikely to cause irritation or reaction. Have you tried using pure lanolin cream from a pharmacy to determine if it's the lanolin and not something else? You should be able to find it in the infant section since breast feeding mothers often use it since babies can ingest it without issue.

Last edited:
What is SPA?
Indeed, Haslinger offers two Sandalwoods; one regular, and one SPA version.
I find they're quite similar, though the regular is a bit sweeter, and the SPA a bit brighter.
SPA is my favourite Haslinger (although I've yet to try WOMAN).

Top Bottom