What's new

has anyone tried a personna injector razor?

Not I.

I love Schick Injectors, but have heard that the build quality of the latest ones wasn't the same quality as the older stuff.

Of course, a vintage Injector might be the victim of abuse or heavy use, so there is no guarantee that an older one will be in tip-top mechanical shape.

If the price was right, I'd snag it just to try it.

Arguably one of the most modern and stylistic razors I've owned.

View attachment 72291

It's very light weight, despite the use of stainless steel. As injector razors go, I found it a little mild for my tastes. I have a G series Eversharp Schick that's more to my liking. Unlike many injector razors, the blade is held in a very rigid slot. With the newer Personna and Pella/EMS housings, you may have to play around a little when inserting the blade.

- Chris

I have one, I like it, its about 6 maybe a 7 on my love it meter (out of 10) not as aggressive as I was led to believe and build quality, considering the plastic handle, is good, but one problem I have is getting the "new" injector blades to load in it they do but are a bit fiddly, the NOS Schick and Personna ones no worries straight in.

These shave great and look great... but like stated above, the new personna injector blades are a little difficult to insert. You can work around it and enjoy a great razor, though.

I bought a NOS Personna injector razor with Personna 74 blades on eBay which just arrived yesterday. I shaved with it this morning for the first time and it seemed OK, but I'm going to use it for a couple of weeks before I form an opinion. It's definitely stylish and far lighter than I expected.

My first shave with the injector seemed far less intimidating than my first DE shave. Whether that's because this razor is so similar to a cartridge razor or because I'm becoming more comfortable with the whole wetshaving thing, I can't really say yet.

. . . I love Schick Injectors, but have heard that the build quality of the latest ones wasn't the same quality as the older stuff. . .

I've had several of the N-type Schick injectors and the quality was excellent on all of them. I've also had several earlier models (J and L) that were iffy. My mileage varied.

It shaves just fine, but I cannot muster any love for it or any other injector I've tried. They are all just too light weight for me, they feel like I'm using a disposable.
My personna injector tips the scales at a whopping 1.0 oz with a blade in it. My pal adjustable sports the same look in a slightly longer handle and comes in at 1.8 oz.

It was truly a pisser that my lightweight N outshaved my beautiful heavyweight English #58. That wasn't in the script. I got over it.

Top Bottom