What's new

Has anyone here ever tried the Lords Rainbow blades

Here recently I've been doing some research on the landlord Brian double edge razor blade I ran across the rainbow blade and was intrigued could not find too much information about them has anyone here tried them if so would you mind sharing your thoughts thanks

I'm a fan of Lord Blades (especially Shark, Big Ben, Racer, Silver Star, Lord Platinum and Cool). I have tried Rainbow and they are the lone Lord blade I don't really like. For me, they were not that smooth and efficient. I normally do a three pass and I am usually good to go, but with the Rainbow blades I found myself having to do small localized touch up passes. All that said, they may work great for you, I'd give them a try. Worst case, you don't like them and you are out about $2.

The Lord Rainbow blade only gave me X3 rough shaves. I would try a Lord Shark Stainless blade instead. Lord Q.C. is all over the place IMO. Sometimes you get great blades & sometimes really Bad blades. I don't like to roll the dice on their blades.!

Try the Lord Silver Star. That's the best of the Lord blades I have tried. The Racer Platinum or Lord Super Chrome are pretty good blades, also.

I’m a big lord fan. I’ve tried every one.

Rainbow was the worst.

I really like the
racer
Crown platinum
Asco platinum
Shark platinum
Lord classic
Lord cool.

I’m the odd man out on the silver star. Not as bad as the rainbow, but not good for me.

Try the Lord Silver Star. That's the best of the Lord blades I have tried. The Racer Platinum or Lord Super Chrome are pretty good blades, also.
Thanks a lot Atlantic 59 I've been weighing back and forth between the rainbow and the Silver Star how sharp are the Silver Star and your opinion thanks a lot

how is Wayne back and forth between the Silver Star in the rainbow which one do you think is sharper I appreciate all your guys's feedback thank you very much

how is Wayne back and forth between the Silver Star in the rainbow which one do you think is sharper I appreciate all your guys's feedback thank you very much
Who is Wayne?
I have used the Lord Rainbow and it was definitely not a favorite, I got rough shaves from them. I enjoy several Lord blades, Racer and Lord Platinum are my favorite to date.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am guessing that Wayne is a typo. I like Lord blades in general. I have found that most of the blades are great for me but their Quality Control leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks a lot Atlantic 59 I've been weighing back and forth between the rainbow and the Silver Star how sharp are the Silver Star and your opinion thanks a lot
They are so inexpensive, you can hardly go wrong trying them. I would say similar in sharpness to the 7 O'clock Yellow range. They also last me five to seven shaves, so about a week. They become quite smooth as well, after the first shave.

Check out this thread:

I just bought $100 of them off Amazon. About $10US so worth a gamble IMO. Sold by Razor Blades Club.

haven’t got them yet, but I’m sure they are useable as most Lords are.

I barely squeezed 28 shaves out of a Rainbow. Not a great blade for me, although I've since learned that stainless blades work better for me in a slant.

Sharks are better.

They are so inexpensive, you can hardly go wrong trying them. I would say similar in sharpness to the 7 O'clock Yellow range. They also last me five to seven shaves, so about a week. They become quite smooth as well, after the first shave.

Check out this thread:
Thanks a lot my friend I will have to give them a try I'll let you know how it turns out thanks again

My favorite Lord option is their Silver Star brand. For SHARK WEEK I have been enjoying both their Shark SC and SS. Those are my favorites.

Rainbow are worth a try but were not favorites for me.

I find them smooth and very mild. They're ok depending on the razor I use. Bought a 100 and still have a lot left.

Top Bottom