What's new

Has anybody tried an AOS strop?

It's a Dovo strop, or at least from the same outfit that makes the Dovo strops (actually I think I can read "Dovo" on the one in their picture). They're pretty good but not the best, and the AOS versions are overpriced like all their stuff.

Classic Shaving sells a variety of Dovo strops, I'm not sure which one AOS is selling but the similar-looking strops at Classic run from $35 to $60 compared to AOS $75.

Its a Dovo strop. I'd say you would be happier with a Tony Miller or a Ken Rup. The Dovo's are typically very narrow, usually under 2".

Wow! Thanks for you responses.

I am thinking of getting a Tony Miller, but I'm afraid that they will be sold out by the time I hear his store is open.

I do not care which size it is, as long as it is good quality.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I love the 2" width. They do make a 3" wide version if you're into that sort of thing.

My personal favorite is the 2" and I'd probably enjoy the 1.75". AOS wasn't very forthcoming on the width and I was pointing out many are less than 2".

Oh no. Not me. One strop. I already have two straights that I acquired some years ago. A DblDuck Goldedge and one with "CARBOMAGNETIC" written on the blade, I already sent them for honing, and I want to be ready when I get them back. I have about 7 DE razors but 4 of those are going to be Christmas gifts.

For those with limited budgets, self control can be a curse....

Top Bottom