IMG_20210125_130027.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 30

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Gotcha makes sense that’s what I was thinking
Let us know how that rig compares to a Gillette

Gotcha makes sense that’s what I was thinking
Let us know how that rig compares to a Gillette
i surely will. BTW and FYI nowadays i'm more or less able to obtain a BBS with three passes or two passes + touch-ups with almost every razor including 50c disposable BICs thanks to a good prep, a good brush and soaps. So my "test" could not be so indicative after all.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
i surely will. BTW and FYI nowadays i'm more or less able to obtain a BBS with three passes or two passes + touch-ups with almost every razor including 50c disposable BICs thanks to a good prep, a good brush and soaps. So my "test" could not be so indicative after all.
Ya sounds like you got good skills after I threw away the carts and switched to de I realized the many bad habits engraved in after years of carts. Including rushing, re using a cart forever, short swipes and worst of all I developed a habit of almost bouncing the cart on my face when repositioning. I don’t know how I started doing that probably generally hacking away but boy that’s one bad habit with a de blade.

Hope you enjoy it. Harry's makes a good razor, not quite as good as Gillette, IMO but considerably cheaper. When I used Harry's, I found that the blades were too close together and it would clog up with hair more than a Fusion does.
One thing I really do like about Harry's though is that they give you color choices, instead of just making 1 razor handle and youve got whatever they want to sell you.

I found the blade angles of Harry’s to be flat and difficult for nooks and crannies.

They were OK for just shaving WTG+ATG if I paired it with a soap. THey’re also not too bad to look at

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never tried a Harry’s cart before. Will interested in your thoughts when you give it a whirl.

Today first shave. BBS as always but very smooth and no irritation. 2 passes plus touch ups. Green proraso and BottegaVerde brush. Hinge sistem is different but the actual range of motion is essentially the same so no problem in getting used to. rinses well (just remember to not prepare a too-thick lather but that's valid for every carts). Really satisfied. It remains to be seen the cost of replacement shipping in Italy.

I see didnt read that bit here in the UK. Good news for the smaller guy really.
yes the fTC saw the acquisition as a danger for competition. and BTW Harry's had grown already too much to be ignored by the FTC scrutiizing the merger. I think it's a pity anyway, the patent portfolio from edgewell + marketing skills from harry's could have squashed the ****ty P&G giant like a bug over the long term

I've been using Harry's carts for several years and really like them. The closeness of the blades and the resultant clogging can be an issue, so I tend not to use them when I have several days of growth.

I've been using Harry's carts for several years and really like them. The closeness of the blades and the resultant clogging can be an issue, so I tend not to use them when I have several days of growth.
multiblade razor are made for daily shaves. If you have several days growth the best option is an open-comb DE.

Top Bottom