What's new

Handle diagram?

Hello,

I have a friend who does pottery. He might help me do a handle. I was thinking to give him a diagram. My preference is to have a handle like those of Chuby. I don't have any empty handle for the moment. My goal is to have a 30 mm or a 24 mm knot brush.

Can sometimes indicate me a site or a post where I can find handle diagrams? Or at best for me, would someone give me a diagram with dimensions?

Thank you in advance.

Maybe I should try to let him design. I hope you help me with these questions please :

For a 30mm knot should the width be 34 mm in diameter?
How much should the depth of the hole of the knot be? 15 mm?

Thank you!

You could try doing a patent search either with Google Patents or any number of other patent search tools out there.

I'm not sure about dimensions but isn't a pottery handle brush going to be easy to shatter?
Must be ok. There's at least one B&B Vendor that deals in them.

You could try doing a patent search either with Google Patents or any number of other patent search tools out there.

Must be ok. There's at least one B&B Vendor that deals in them.
I see. Cool stuff, thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Finding the exact specs for brushes can be very difficult if not impossible. West Coast Shaving lists the height of the different chubbys on their website. A good eye should be able to get you close to the rest. As for loft, that’s a personal choice. I generally drill my holes 15mm - 17mm deep for a 67mm tall finest, a few mm less for silvertip. If you plan on a 30mm knot I would think a 32mm hole would be sufficient, 4mm over seems like just a bit much. However, I think the clay shrinks as it dries so some guesswork on the initial size of the hole will be needed. Keep in mind you need a few more mm beyond that for the thickness of the handle around the knot, which means the bottom is going to be fat so it doesn’t look odd. You’re looking at a hefty size handle and the weight to go with it since it’s pottery. Hope this helps a little bit.

Finding the exact specs for brushes can be very difficult if not impossible. West Coast Shaving lists the height of the different chubbys on their website. A good eye should be able to get you close to the rest. As for loft, that’s a personal choice. I generally drill my holes 15mm - 17mm deep for a 67mm tall finest, a few mm less for silvertip. If you plan on a 30mm knot I would think a 32mm hole would be sufficient, 4mm over seems like just a bit much. However, I think the clay shrinks as it dries so some guesswork on the initial size of the hole will be needed. Keep in mind you need a few more mm beyond that for the thickness of the handle around the knot, which means the bottom is going to be fat so it doesn’t look odd. You’re looking at a hefty size handle and the weight to go with it since it’s pottery. Hope this helps a little bit.

Thank you man! Really helpful!

Top Bottom