What's new

Handheld GPS users - Delorme PN 40?

I have a Garmin 60Csx, which I've enjoyed for a few years but I'd like to get something new. The Garmin Colorado seems to have questionable reviews, and I'm not so sure a touch screen (Oregon) on a GPS is a great idea.

I've recently become very interested in the Delorme PN 40. Any opinions on this?

I"m not familiar with any Delorme GPS units. But it's hard to go wrong with Garmin. If you're leary of the Colorado, then consider 60 CSx. I have that one it does the job very well.

I have a Garmin 60Csx, which I've enjoyed for a few years but I'd like to get something new. The Garmin Colorado seems to have questionable reviews, and I'm not so sure a touch screen (Oregon) on a GPS is a great idea.

I've recently become very interested in the Delorme PN 40. Any opinions on this?

If you were to acquire a new GPS would you consider selling your Garmin to a Canadian? :biggrin:

Seriously, I broke my Magellan (which I will never buy again) over a year ago and it's made geocaching nigh impossible.

Cant say I have used a Delorme but I have used a fair amount of GPS between work (USN Navigation) hiking, and recreational sailing. Taking a look at the specs the Delorme seems like its pretty capable but has more features then I think most folks will use, and for the price point I have to wonder if they cut corners else where to sqeeze it all in.

I'd say go with a Garmin eTrex Vista HCx if you want a reciever with the bells and whistles for a bit cheaper, less buttons, and a bit more friendly size.

Top Bottom