What's new

Grooming Dept. Pre Shave

Buy it, it works. I have not been a fan of pre-shaves. Not that I have judged them as bad. I have used Proraso but could never really determine that it had much impact. I also tried an oil pre-shave but tossed it because of the mess it made with the razor and the blade.

This morning was my first experience with Grooming Dept. pre-shave. I used a small amount as recommended and I could not believe the difference in slickness and in the cushion it provided. I also was impressed that the benefit lasted through the first 2 passes in a significant manner and could still tell the difference in smoothness on the 3rd pass.

Good stuff.

My experience with other pre shave products was the same. Useless! I use GD pre shave religiously with every soap used. It is fantastic stuff!

**the only time I don't use GD pre shave is when I am assessing a new soap on it's own merits.

I'm another fan of this product. However, I have my own routine using it. I put less than a pea-size amount on my fingers and rub it on a wet face for about 30 seconds.

I'm another fan of this product. However, I have my own routine using it. I put less than a pea-size amount on my fingers and rub it on a wet face for about 30 seconds.

My GD pre shave routine is similar. Pea size amount in hand, rub hands together without water, add a small amount of water to hands, rub hands together, rub into face to be shaved. I also allow the pre shave to remain on my face while I am building lather (bowl latherer).

Top Bottom