What's new

Great engine sounds

I've always been a sucker for the sound of a great engine. Notice how a crowd gathers whenever someone starts up a hot car (or motorcycle or....)?

I think if would be fun for folks to submit their favorite sound clips for all us sound junkies to drool over. Got one? Racing or sports car, dragster, stocker, vintage, motorcycle--it doesn't matter. Heck, a single cylinder John Deere tractor is as unique as a Ferrari Formula One in its own way.

Here's one of the brand new COPO (Central Office Production Order) Camaro, a factory car, limited production for drag racing. So far it has turned a 8.88 quarter mile. Talk about a lumpy idle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ16nQF-pvQ&feature=player_embedded

2 stroke motorbike screaming its head off, any cc. the smell is lovely too.

nice lumpy cam in a funny car or top fueler is awesome also.

great thread btw.

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
There's no other sound like a Harley...:thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul." Author Unknown

And here's a WW1 Sopwith Camel. I might have seen this one at Biggin Hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a modified Model T that you might be interested in:

I am by no means an expert but that looks a lot more like an A model than a Model T, longer more rounded hood an radiator, wire wheels vs the wood spoked wheels of Model T. I suppose all of that could be modified.

I am by no means an expert but that looks a lot more like an A model than a Model T, longer more rounded hood an radiator, wire wheels vs the wood spoked wheels of Model T. I suppose all of that could be modified.

It's a Model T, just look at the rear. If I remember correctly the hood has been extended.

Here's my last video--a BF109G:

Ferrari's do sound great and so do the new Lambo's and Audi R8/10.

Those Ferrari's almost sound like 1000 cc motorbikes.

The last 6 cynlinder M3 had a great top end sound as does my Honda tsx when she hits 7 grand, lovely hard top end, quite addictive.

It's a Model T, just look at the rear. If I remember correctly the hood has been extended.

Here's my last video--a BF109G:

If I remember correctly, the ME109 had to be hand cranked to start--I think it had some sort of flywheel mechanism that was cranked up by the mechanics to store energy, and then the pilot would release that like a "starter motor" with fuel and spark to get it going. Anyone have a better explanation?

One of the bad boys from the 70's--the McLaren M8C--Mein Gott, what a sound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKOki34YkK4&feature=related

Top Bottom