luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Big winner at the Grammy Awards:

download.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I watched most of it. Very much a woman’s show this year. Although if I only had to read the names I might mistake some of them for men. I really had no idea who half the artists were. I don’t listen to the radio much at all, and when I do it’s an Apple Playlist with artists I like.

Taylor Swift won Album of the Year. This makes it her 4th win in that category, thus making Grammy history. It’s also odd to think that in 30 years people will revere her as a legend the way we do people like Cher, Dolly, Aretha, Joni, Tina, ect. I don’t see her on that level now but as she continues to break records by the time she’s in her old age there will be statues and exhibits and tribute bands for her.

I’d say 95% of the music showcased isn’t what I like so the performances were meh IMO. And the outfits worn are freaking weird. Lenny K. in a see through mesh shirt?? Most the women wearing bikinis. Or some folks just dressed like they are going to a backyard BBQ. Some wearing winter coats?? Was the sun in full view because everyone was wearing sun glasses. The whole Grammy show is slowing turning in to the MTV Music Awards.

I don’t listen to the radio much at all, and when I do it’s an Apple Playlist with artists I like.
I do not even know how anyone knows what is most popular these days. I guess Spotify must have something of a top 100 or something. Maybe watch the Voice and she what folks are picking to sing. Watch Tic Toc and see what folks are picking to dance to.

I thought Bad Bunny was supposed to be big.

I find I do not really know Taylor's work all that well. I guess she writes songs, which is good. What I have heard seems catchy. She seems generous. I understand that JayZ was complaining that Beyonce has never been awarded album of the year. I guess I like or liked Beyonce okay, but she seems very 2015 at this point. Are albums still a thing? I used to really like JayZ. But Travis Kelce seems like a better human being.

Outfits? Well, as the sage David Lee Roth once said "rock and roll is about striped pants as much as it is about guitars." Or something like that.

Yeah, the MTV awards. I used to like watcing those. Back when MTV still played music videos.

I wonder if music is as importan to young people as it once was. Are there any musical acts important to older people these days?

I do not even know how anyone knows what is most popular these days. Watch Tic Toc and see what folks are picking to dance to.

On TikTok a lot of artist music is being removed right now....

Yeah, MTV . I used to like watcing back when MTV still played music videos.
mqdefault.jpg

I wonder if music is as important to young people as it once was.
242002309_1926666104150639_3792712527711101171_n.jpg

Are there any musical acts important to older people these days?

images (2).jpg

Among others......

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Universal Music Group is behind the removal. Couldn’t reach a contract agreement with Tic Tok so UMG pulled all the music.

• Taylor Swift
  • Olivia Rodrigo
  • Drake
  • Bad Bunny
  • SZA
  • Rihanna
  • Adele
  • Billie Eilish
  • Ariana Grande
  • Harry Styles
  • BTS
  • Blackpink
  • J. Cole
  • Demi Lovato
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • The Weeknd
  • Alicia Keys
  • Troye Sivan
  • Nicki Minaj
  • BTS
  • Lana Del Rey
Probably more than this list. But that’s some big names.

Universal Music Group is behind the removal. Couldn’t reach a contract agreement with Tic Tok so UMG pulled all the music.

• Taylor Swift
  • Olivia Rodrigo
  • Drake
  • Bad Bunny
  • SZA
  • Rihanna
  • Adele
  • Billie Eilish
  • Ariana Grande
  • Harry Styles
  • BTS
  • Blackpink
  • J. Cole
  • Demi Lovato
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • The Weeknd
  • Alicia Keys
  • Troye Sivan
  • Nicki Minaj
  • BTS
  • Lana Del Rey
Probably more than this list. But that’s some big names.
Very True , from what I have heard Of course it's also with the artist support, Tik Tok didn't want to pay the exorbitant amount of money that UMG And The Artist wanted...

In 2022 tik toc made $9.4 Billion in revenue. So yeah, makes sense they don’t want to pay artists. A little short on cash
Yeah I guess UMG needed the money too since they only made 11,106,711,000.00
Of course the next year TikTok only made $6.19 billion while UMG made around 12 to 14 Billion......

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yeah I guess UMG needed the money too since they only made 11,106,711,000.00
Of course the next year TikTok only made $6.19 billion while UMG made around 12 to 14 Billion......
To be fair, TikTok had nothing to do with producing the product while UMG did.
It's expected that recording companies will make money off of artists. If TikTok wants to, they ought to pay the going rate.

Grammy, Day Time Emmy's, Emery's, and last Academy Awards show are no longer go interest to me. I could care less about losers, and winners. Does not effect me.

Sad to say I too am no longer interested in Grammy's and have to really force myself on the Oscars. Although I must admit the crop of Best Picture nominees this year is pretty good.

I thought Bad Bunny was supposed to be big.
Hmmm. Looks like Bad Bunny has done well at the Grammy's in the past and he had one nomination this year. I am guessing that he did not release as much new this year. I think he toured a lot.

Sad to say I too am no longer interested in Grammy's and have to really force myself on the Oscars. Although I must admit the crop of Best Picture nominees this year is pretty good.
I do not think I was ever that interested in the Grammy's. I think I lost all interest when Jethro Tull got best Heavy Metal. Music, whether the Grammys, or the rock and roll hall of fame, seems to have a hard time of getting things right.

I think the Oscars have generally done it better, at least on the big movies. I do not think the Oscars have ever had much to with, say, independent films. I still love film. I find myself mostly indifferent to the Oscars, though. Less indifferent than I am to the Grammys. You and I disagree mildly about the best picture nominees this year. I do think the best picture of the year were nominated. And I suppose I have only seen Barbie, Killers, Oppenhiemer, Holdovers, and American Fiction. I did think AF was really good. I do not think Barbie is the kind of film that wins best pcture. I thought Holdovers was too maudlin and not nearly as good as Sideways and it seems to be a redo of the Miles character. I loved the way it seemed like a 1970 movie. Killers seems very far from Sorcese's best work. I am not sure why I did not like Oppenheimer more than I did, while some folks whose tastes are close to mine, really liked it. But maybe a better than average crop of nominees. Definitely some things to like about each of them. All worth watching.

I agree. I mean diversity was Everywhere !! Male female , other and All races and religions , what more could be hoped for ?? What more could have possibly been included ?? I mean maybe a little less of certain people who didn't even win a lot but for some reason keeps taking the spotlight ....

Top Bottom