What's new

Got a new family member

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A little kitten from the shelter. My granddaughter named him Thibodeaux- Tibby for short. We thought our female would take him in, and our boy (a 14 pound beast) would be the problem. How wrong we were. Shadow and Tabby fight. She is a shelter cat, we got Shadow as a stray kitty. All this time he was just trying to be friendly with Tabby, but she would fight back, and being he is 5 pounds heavier than her, we always blamed him. He “fights” and plays with Tibby all day, and sleeps with him at night. It is comical to see a 2 pound kitty “fighting” a 14 pound beast. They are inseparable. He wanted a buddy. Second picture is Shadow grooming his little buddy. He even shows him how to properly bury his waste.
46EBFA27-B6B6-41A5-8A78-9130BE4966CF.jpeg
9899FF28-A56C-40DE-ACE8-D74E480843B9.jpeg

In my (admittedly limited) experience, black cats are often the most easygoing and adaptable. Possibly the smartest. Yours looks like he will be handsome as well!

I brought in my big black Wolf cat when his evicted "humans" abandoned him to wander from door to door for handouts. I wasn't sure if my 3-year-old Siberian cat would take to him. They walked cautiously around each other, though without hissing or growling. Within an hour they were sitting in the window together watching birds. For the last 11 years, they've play-fought, slept together on occasion, and groomed each other now and then.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
In my (admittedly limited) experience, black cats are often the most easygoing and adaptable. Possibly the smartest. Yours looks like he will be handsome as well!

I brought in my big black Wolf cat when his evicted "humans" abandoned him to wander from door to door for handouts. I wasn't sure if my 3-year-old Siberian cat would take to him. They walked cautiously around each other, though without hissing or growling. Within an hour they were sitting in the window together watching birds. For the last 11 years, they've play-fought, slept together on occasion, and groomed each other now and then.
My granddaughter picked him because black cats carry a stigma with some- they are not as adoptable. He is indeed smart- too much so :) He is bouncing off the walls as kitties will. His big buddy has taught him the bad habit of sitting in my chair when I get up :lol:

My granddaughter picked him because black cats carry a stigma with some- they are not as adoptable. He is indeed smart- too much so :) He is bouncing off the walls as kitties will. His big buddy has taught him the bad habit of sitting in my chair when I get up :lol:
Yes; I have a feeling that my big black Wolf would not have been adopted quickly if he'd wound up at a shelter. He's large (14 lbs., not fat), long-haired (which some people think means more shedding), and fierce-looking (very much unlike his real personality). Plus he wasn't a kitten when I first knew him, and most people prefer a kitten. On top of that, black coat.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yes; I have a feeling that my big black Wolf would not have been adopted quickly if he'd wound up at a shelter. He's large (14 lbs., not fat), long-haired (which some people think means more shedding), and fierce-looking (very much unlike his real personality). Plus he wasn't a kitten when I first knew him, and most people prefer a kitten. On top of that, black coat.
My big boy is 14 pounds also, and not fat. Also longish hair that doesn’t seem to shed on furniture or clothes, but does appear in the vacuum canister. It’s weird. He also has white tufts behind his ears like a mini mane- we call it his old man hair.

My big boy is 14 pounds also, and not fat. Also longish hair that doesn’t seem to shed on furniture or clothes, but does appear in the vacuum canister. It’s weird. He also has white tufts behind his ears like a mini mane- we call it his old man hair.
The long hairs I've known shed in clumps, not individual hairs -- someone here described the clumps as like tumbleweeds!

I love cats.

I tried adopting one stray kitten when I was a teenager and hid it in my room for a while.
Got busted by elder sister, had to give the kitten up.

Stigma is abound regarding the cats especially the black cat:

An idiotic belief:

Don't go forward if a cat crosses the road.

I saw several accidents because of this belief, cat didn't do anything wrong but the person stopped the vehicle suddenly and got rear ended just to avoid being the one to cross the road after the cat.

I don't believe in that, it's just a beautiful animal minding it's own business and traversing an alien (to them) jungle of concrete.

It will have to cross the road sometimes, smh.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I love cats.

I tried adopting one stray kitten when I was a teenager and hid it in my room for a while.
Got busted by elder sister, had to give the kitten up.

Stigma is abound regarding the cats especially the black cat:

An idiotic belief:

Don't go forward if a cat crosses the road.

I saw several accidents because of this belief, cat didn't do anything wrong but the person stopped the vehicle suddenly and got rear ended just to avoid being the one to cross the road after the cat.

I don't believe in that, it's just a beautiful animal minding it's own business and traversing an alien (to them) jungle of concrete.

It will have to cross the road sometimes, smh.
He’s a looker, when you can see him. He is harder to see than Shadow sometimes. :)

Top Bottom