What's new

Good lesson learned from a newb

Went to smoke shop yesterday to buy 3 quality cigars. The lady pulled them out ofa cigar box located in a glass showcase. The boxes had plastic packets with water in them. The cigars themselves felt hard and firm when I squeezed them..
Foolishly I bought them anyway.spent over $21 for them. Got them home to discover they were so dry that the outer wrapper cracked and peeled off as I took them out of the cellophane.

What a bummer. I will never buy another cigar unless it comes out of a real humidor... Lesson learned...​

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I would take em back. Bummer to anticipate a nice smoke and then have that happen.

Sweep up the remnants, put them in an envelop with the receipt, take them to the store and dump them on the counter and, being very friendly and courteous to the poor employee who works there, tell them you're back for a refund and how sure you are they didn't mean to sell such horrible cigars at such a high price. And as Jason said, do it loudly with plenty of people around, but in a very polite way. You're doing them a service, right? Letting them know the product has had it.

I guess I made another mistake in that I did not return them. I merely threw them away. I will never go back there again and will make sure others don't go there either!!!

A hard way to learn a lesson, but I suppose it can't be helped at this point. A quality b&m with a humidor or a reputable online seller is the way to go.

Incidentally, what cigars were they?

I am still getting to know and recognize the brands. I know one of them was a Fuentes Hemmingway. I don't recall the other two...

Top Bottom