What's new

Gillette's latest "breakthrough" in shaving

The newest Oral B etoothbrushes have an app... it really makes no sense to me why anyone wants to connect his toothbrush to an app.
I was a salesman for such products and regularly sold $700+ (aud) toothbrushes throughout the day.

Amazing, $170, more than a near top-of-the-line electric. Even more amazing, I just looked at your link and this razor is sold out.

Guess we will just have to keep rinsing our razors in warm water to achieve the same effect. To be honest I just don't get why a wet shaving razor needs to be heated given that a warm water rinse achieves the same thing.

I'm all about being on team Gillette. I like to try everything Gillette come out with including my extensive DE razor collection to the new heated razor.
My wife got me the Bugatti heater razor as an early Christmas present. I am two shaves in and I must say it's a treat to shave with it in the cold winter months.
My only gripe with it is where the power button is when I shave up against the grain my knuckle is held in such a way sometimes it turns it off. I wish they would have put the power button on top out of the way.
Is it a gimmick? I don't think so as it delivers on the promise of a heated shave. The shave is quicker and I've noticed I don't get razor burn at all and at the end the BBS shave is a BBS shave irregardless of what razor you are using. Can you get the same with a DE razor by running it under hot water? Yes absolutely. You can actually get the DE razor much hotter.
It delivers on it's promise and is an excellent shave If you can stomach the cost of the replacement blades.
I have many other razors to shave with so that one blade will last me all year as I won't be using that during the summer and spring months.
I'm glad you are enjoying your new razor. Since we need to repeatedly rinse our razors as we shave and, as you said, we can get the same heated effect with a DE by rinsing in hot water, what is the added benefit of adding a heating element? Is the benefit primarily versus non-heated cartridge razors because the plastic used does not retain sufficient heat versus an all metal DE razor?

I'm glad you are enjoying your new razor. Since we need to repeatedly rinse our razors as we shave and, as you said, we can get the same heated effect with a DE by rinsing in hot water, what is the added benefit of adding a heating element? Is the benefit primarily versus non-heated cartridge razors because the plastic used does not retain sufficient heat versus an all metal DE razor?
I think it's the consistency of the heat. With an all metal DE razor unless you have a digital faucet dialed in at the right temperature you will have to keep the water running to maintain that temperature while rinsing. The other option is to maintain a sink full of hot water and the splash the DE razor to rinse it and I'm not so sure about the consistency of the heat depending on where you live.
In about 1 seconds the Gillette heated razor gets to the temperature of 122° a maintains that regardless if you rinsed it in hot water or cold water.
Also another benefit of this razor is if you have big hands. It's one beefy razor made of some type of metal along the sides. I am curious about the longevity of the lithium ion battery. I wished you left would have put the power button on top as opposed to the bottom where my knuckle is which makes me turn it off during mid-shave every once in awhile. The good news is you can turn it right back on and whatever he's setting you had it on it will turn on to that setting. A minor gripe. I hope that helped.

Top Bottom