What's new

Gillette Goodwill won on the Bay

My beard is rather scruffy — I can’t get more than 5 or 6 shaves before it starts to pull.

I use blades till I can't use them anymore in one razor, then use them some more in my slant. Must be the angle of the blade in the slant that allows the blade to last longer. :a17:

Used my GW 160 for the first time today. I will definitely be using it every day for a while. I used a Personna PC that was on its second use, (which will probably be its last) but still got a DFS, practically BBS shave. Will try a different blade next time. So I can see why all the hype on this razor, I definitely agree.

They are great shavers, right? Best twenty bucks I’ve spent in a while. :a14:

So glad you’re enjoying it! Astra SPs make for a great shave.

Astras are the bomb in the GW. I’m going to have to try Polsilvers too.

My Goodwill polished with the ATT copper handle.

IMG_0109.jpg

My other Goodwill, nickel replate with a rebuilt center handle. The center of the handle was cracked so Back Roads rebuilt the center and then did the replate.

IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
My other Goodwill, nickel replate with a rebuilt center handle. The center of the handle was cracked so Back Roads rebuilt the center and then did the replate.

What did he do to the handle tube ... solder? Looks great, how are you liking the shaves?

If the handle ends are good he rebuilds the center. Attached is a photo of a razor that he had for sale that shows off the center better than my photo. The knurling is different than the original but both ends are the same and it becomes a nice handle. The knurling on my handle is similar to the original.

center.jpg

Top Bottom