Gillette Fusion 5 (VS) Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide

Gillette Fusion 5 (VS) Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide

• Gillette Fusion 5

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
hello people :
1. Which cartridge you like more: the regular fusion 5 or the fusion 5 proglide ?
2. which cartridge provides a closer shave: the regular fusion 5 or the fusion 5 proglide ?
3. Which cartridges cause less skin irritations (Razor bumps, ingrown hairs and etc) ?
4. Which cartridges have a better longevity ?

Gillette Fusion 5
proxy.php

proxy.php

Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide
proxy.php

proxy.php

Many Thanks have a fantastic day :)

I get a smoother, less iritating shave with the Proglide, and a closer shave with the Fusion5. The Fusion5 has more ridges before the blades and a smaller lube strip, which is what I think makes the differences in performance for me. As for longevity, they are both the same. Both degrade slowly and consistently. So depending on when you decide the cart is no longer usable, you should get a least 7 to as much as 20 or more shaves per cart. BTW stropping seems to extend longevity.

I get a smoother, less iritating shave with the Proglide, and a closer shave with the Fusion5. The Fusion5 has more ridges before the blades and a smaller lube strip, which is what I think makes the differences in performance for me. As for longevity, they are both the same. Both degrade slowly and consistently. So depending on when you decide the cart is no longer usable, you should get a least 7 to as much as 20 or more shaves per cart. BTW stropping seems to extend longevity.

how many passes you do ?
you do aginst the grain pass ?
i must to do ATG pass, if not: i can't to get a close shave (i have very thick,heavy beard) so for me i must to do the atg pass.
Really I also noticed (but I was not sure) that with fusion 5 I get a closer shave than Proglide,
But the next day with the use in Fusion 5 I get some razor bumps, which does not happen to me with fusion proglide.
Do you get razor bumps after you use the Gillette Fusion 5 ?

many thanks idan.

how many passes you do ?
you do aginst the grain pass ?
i must to do ATG pass, if not: i can't to get a close shave (i have very thick,heavy beard) so for me i must to do the atg pass.
Really I also noticed (but I was not sure) that with fusion 5 I get a closer shave than Proglide,
But the next day with the use in Fusion 5 I get some razor bumps, which does not happen to me with fusion proglide.
Do you get razor bumps after you use the Gillette Fusion 5 ?

many thanks idan.
I do a three pass, WTG,XTG,ATG shave, after fully hydrating stubble in shower, face lather, usually one of the TOBS creams.Tough old man's whiskers, thin-nick prone skin. Don't seem to get bumps much/at all.

I do a three pass, WTG,XTG,ATG shave, after fully hydrating stubble in shower, face lather, usually one of the TOBS creams.Tough old man's whiskers, thin-nick prone skin. Don't seem to get bumps much/at all.

ok thank you for your answers :)
I think shaving gel works best with cartridges, especially the gillette fusion proglide 1-2 ocean breeze gel, and with shaving gel the shaving performance is also better and the blades are less clogging...

I have 2 last questions if you can answer me, it will be excellent:
1. that's only me or the blades of fusion 5 feels more jagged and more rough compared to the fusion proglide ?
2. Which aftershave you use after shave ?

Many Thanks...
have a nice day...

ok thank you for your answers :)
I think shaving gel works best with cartridges, especially the gillette fusion proglide 1-2 ocean breeze gel, and with shaving gel the shaving performance is also better and the blades are less clogging...

I have 2 last questions if you can answer me, it will be excellent:
1. that's only me or the blades of fusion 5 feels more jagged and more rough compared to the fusion proglide ?
2. Which aftershave you use after shave ?

Many Thanks...
have a nice day...
Shave gels may work better with these carts, but they dry my skin and I rarely even try using any of them, canned foam is even worse and I never use them anymore. I use Aqua Velva Ice Blue almost exclusively. Shaving products and techniques that work for each of us is very much an individual choice based on individual experience. And to complicate even further things change over time, at least for me, both for what did not work and what did work. Only advice I can give is experiment and if something no longer works start experimenting again. One last thing, I live where there are four seasons, some products work better in some months and not others. Enjoy the journey.

I mostly shave DE, but I do have a Proglide for travel, or for when I just need a quick shave. I like it better than the Fusion, which I used to use. It's less irritating and smoother, and I think it cuts as or nearly as close as the Fusion. The Proglide is great for me because I get basically NO irritation, redness, bumps, etc, and never a cut or nick, even on my adam's apple. I like the Proglide.

Fusion definitely works better for me. The proglide doesn’t seem to last that long.

Back when i would do one pass only, i was able to get 30 shaves a single cartridge. I was probably overusing it. But now i do 3 passes and use a cartridge for one week max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom