What's new

Gillette 195 (Fatboy) Eye Candy

Another classic from Gillette. The Fatboy may be the most well known vintage razor produced by Gillette.
This was one of the nicer sets I had the pleasure of owning. Enjoy the views.

DSCN2388.JPG
DSCN2389.JPG
DSCN2391.JPG
DSCN2394.JPG
DSCN2397.JPG

very nice sets gents!! I have a nice fat boy my wife got me many years ago and it's in excellent condition, original finish. was going to get it replated but when I saw it next to one that was already replated that I also have it was almost as nice so keeping it original.
my question is on the case. it's in good shape overall but the plastic is a little cloudy, not bad but not pristine. any one ever polish their cases with a plastic polish such as plastic X from meguairs etc?

very nice sets gents!! I have a nice fat boy my wife got me many years ago and it's in excellent condition, original finish. was going to get it replated but when I saw it next to one that was already replated that I also have it was almost as nice so keeping it original.
my question is on the case. it's in good shape overall but the plastic is a little cloudy, not bad but not pristine. any one ever polish their cases with a plastic polish such as plastic X from meguairs etc?
I have used polish for removing foggy haze on plastic headlight lens for cars with good results. Bought it at an auto store.

Nice examples of vintage razors are getting harder and harder to find. Yes you can find scraps here and there but the really nice stuff is almost out of reach.
I can remember ten years ago amassing some of these beauties was not difficult. Not so today and when you do find one it may or may not work properly. Another example of supply and demand.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Nice examples of vintage razors are getting harder and harder to find. Yes you can find scraps here and there but the really nice stuff is almost out of reach.
I can remember ten years ago amassing some of these beauties was not difficult. Not so today and when you do find one it may or may not work properly. Another example of supply and demand.

Exactly my thoughts. It had happened before our eyes.
BTW, in retrospective, it was pure luck that I've started my little collection of vintage razors some years ago - those times you could find very impressive items after a relatively short and straightforward search. Not so today. What we have today can really be called "scraps" compared to what we have had a chance to get our hands on 10 or even 7 years ago.

Last edited:
I have a nice little collection of vintage razors but have no kids,have nephews but they have no interest in such things. my fear is when I pass on my wife will just pitch them! she won't be bothered with selling them on eBay etc. hopefully they find a good home somehow!
this was a morbid post, not even sure why I'm posting it lol

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I have a nice little collection of vintage razors but have no kids,have nephews but they have no interest in such things. my fear is when I pass on my wife will just pitch them! she won't be bothered with selling them on eBay etc. hopefully they find a good home somehow!
this was a morbid post, not even sure why I'm posting it lol
You can have a Pre-Probate PIF! I’m in!!

Top Bottom