What's new

FS: Speick and Palmolive Shavestick Combo's

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
ALL SOLD - THANKS AND ENJOY!!

While in Germany on vacation I picked up a number of Speick and Palmolive shave sticks. I keep a few for myself and the rest is for sale. I have several pairs of the sticks available. Both have tallow, the Palmolive as the 1st and 2nd ingredient; the Speick lists it as the 3rd.
Each set is $12 and this includes shipping in CONUS with first class mail with del. confirmation, paypal fees, shipped in a padded envelope.
PM me if you want a set - First come - first serve.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

How does one use a shave stick?

Wet your face, rub the stick over the wet area, then use the wet brush and start making lather in your face - no need for a bowl, your face is the bowl:lol:

How does one use a shave stick?

Wet your face, rub the stick over the wet area, then use the wet brush and start making lather in your face - no need for a bowl, your face is the bowl:lol:
Shave sticks arrived today - thanks! :thumbup:

I, too, am a newbie with shave sticks. Do you remove all the foil at once, remove enough to expose about an inch or so, or carefully peel it down so you can cover it up again when done? How do you keep it clean and dry between uses?

I suppose everyone has their own preferable method. So, to all shave stick users out there: how do you use and care for your stick? :001_smile

Rudy Vey

Shave sticks arrived today - thanks! :thumbup:

I, too, am a newbie with shave sticks. Do you remove all the foil at once, remove enough to expose about an inch or so, or carefully peel it down so you can cover it up again when done? How do you keep it clean and dry between uses?

I suppose everyone has their own preferable method. So, to all shave stick users out there: how do you use and care for your stick? :001_smile

On both my Speick as well as on the Palmolive, I just peeled the foil down for about an inch, so half the stick is still covered with the foil. Now, wet your face and rub the stick all over it. Use you wet brush to create lather on your face, yes the face is the lather bowl:lol:
A good rubbing with the stick and a nice brush work on the face gives me enough lather for three, sometimes four passes.
I just use the towel (that I use to get rid off the soap residue off my face) and wipe down the stick and put it back in the cabinet. The sticks holding up quite good, I do not see to put mine in a container.

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks, Rudy. I've tried the Speick before (and really liked it), but haven't tried the Palmolive.

--Bob

A good rubbing with the stick and a nice brush work on the face gives me enough lather for three, sometimes four passes.
Wow, that's for certain! The only other time I used a stick, it was an Arko stick, and I had little luck generating much lather. I used the Speick this morning, and made sure I put lots of soap on before I went to the brush, and - wow - great stuff! Enough for 4 passes + touch ups. :thumbup1: I'll have to give Arko another chance, and make sure I put lots on.

Thanks again for YAOWSE! (Yet Another Outstanding Wet Shaving Experience :laugh:)

Top Bottom