What's new

Free DE blades to all who can help with a little project

Gents,

I have a newborn in the house. This is #1 for me and SWMBO. It has inspired an idea, but I need your help to make it successful.

I imagine tacking postcards up on the wall around his crib sent from around the globe, all written to the little guy, all welcoming him to the world. They can be written in whatever language, with whatever welcoming words, provided an English translation is in the margins somewhere. This is a chance to exercise your favorite pen. Anything goes.

I can reciprocate with a postcard from my hometown and/or some DE blades, sent to any address you like, along with buckets of karma for helping me with this project. I anticipate SWMBO will get all teary at the sight of welcome postcards from around the globe. I have quite a blade stash that I'll gladly drain for this effort. I'll even buy more.

If you can help, please send a postcard to:

Elliot
<snipped out per mod's suggestion. pm for address>

If you want some DE blades, pm your address and I'll ship some out shortly.

Many many thanks
-cameraflier

edit:
I just made a big blade order. I'm going to leave this open for a while. If you want a free blade mini-sampler...say the word and blades will come to you in return.

Last edited:
What a wonderful thing for your first son to find when he is much older.

Great idea on your part!!!

Is Elliot the baby's name? It'd be good to address it to him :)

+1 I'd like to address the card to him, specifically. You'll have one headed your way from Fort Hood, Texas. No blades needed. This is too cool a project.

I'll put one in the mail in the next day or two from the Valley of the Sun.
This is a very cool project, congratulations!

BTW, it's never too early to start teaching your progeny the intricacies of proper blade angle... LOL!

Very nice idea for the little guy. Relatively speaking, I am nearby, but I'll be happy to get a card this week to send out. Congratulations!

Nice idea. I'll pick up a card this week and send from Belgium, still have the international stamps so better use them :) Don't need any blades.

Would you like a card from California? Los Angeles? :)

Hows about some in Arabic from the United Arab Emirates?

I can send you one from Slovenia, will probably take a while for it to get to you though.

Nice idea. I'll pick up a card this week and send from Belgium, still have the international stamps so better use them :) Don't need any blades.

That's a really cool idea!
Will stop in and pick-up a card on the way home.

Many thanks fellas. I'll take cards from anywhere.

And don't be shy about my blade mini-sampler offer. I'm sitting on a bundle, and I just ordered more. I'll have to unload these somehow. Tell any newbie friends. Send a postcard, get free blades. If you're a traveling man, send more and you'll get more.

Thanks again. Yet another example of the wonderful community here.

Coming your way, a little late to the party but I'll play too. Got the address and there should be a card in the mail tomorrow! And Elliot, what's the child's name??

Last edited:
Top Bottom