What's new

Fragrances that woman hate

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I generally find it distasteful and unwarranted when men openly criticize a woman just by looking at a picture or a few minutes of video.
So do I.
Fortunately, in this case people watched the entire video, watched several other videos she made, and compared videos where she claimed she loved a named fragrance in one video and claimed she hated it in another.
People who put themselves on YouTube to get clicks should expect that not everyone will fall all over themselves endorsing the wisdom of the YouTube star.
YouTube people are there to make money, and whatever gets them views is money in the pocket.
Some, like me, find her contrariness and self opposing views vacuous and unappealing.

Interesting. Where do they pick it up?
In addition to what Norman Gunston said, some Balinese Indonesian accent from their yearly 5 day trip to Bali as well.

The accent is quite common in Perth's western suburb, similar to Sydney's eastern suburb among the young ladies. They are trying to establish a snobbish Australian accent. Funnily enough, when they get married the snobbish pretend accent drops and becomes normal.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have to admit, she is a lovely young lady....but I'll betcha a nickel my wife could take her in less than 30 seconds.

Plus, that young thing has probably never split wood in her life. I'd bet MUCH more than a nickel on that!

I didn’t see how far apart the two videos were made. Like most serious frag heads my journey is littered with U-turns. From the days of being drenched in Hai Karate and/or Brut, through Worth Pour Homme and Pierre Cardin to my current tastes in mostly rose attars and top shelf ouds, many famous names have come and gone. When I first bought Dyptique Tam Dao I though that I’d discovered perfection. After a few months of overuse and trying some real sandalwood EOs, I decided that it was a nauseating iso e super laden mess. If you’d asked my opinion at both ends of the journey I would have given you an honest answer but it would have been very different. That’s how frags are - very emotionally engaging and yet easily cast off. I guess that’s why they are such a lucrative business. Some “stars” make as much money of their frag sales as they do from films.

This topic is always interesting to me since I invariably go around asking people what they think of a scent. and there is a broad trend of gender differences.

Oh. And to add: I read somewhere that women just prefer the smell of soap and fresh linens over trees and leathers.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My wife actually doesn't like most Bay Rum. Well...certain Bay Rum she likes, but most not.

She likes:

Captain's Choice Venture
Captain's Choice Nor'Easter
Stirling Deep Blue Sea
Stirling Triumph
Stirling Spice
Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength (Go figure! 😂)
Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime
Pre de Provence 63
PAA Supreme Sandalwood Science
PAA Red Planet 365
Fine Aquamarine
Lustray Coachman
Lustray Spice
PAA Speakeasy
PAA Fresco
PAA Space Nog
PAA Atomic Pumpkin (one of her favorites)
PAA Droid
PAA Coconut Bay with Lime (one of her favorites)
PAA Porthos
Bootlegger's Bay Rum (she likes Bootlegger's Bay Rum)
Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum
Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia Bay Rum
Stirling Barbershop
Lustray Blue Spice
Wet Shaving Products Black Beard
Wet Shaving Products Sandalwood
Wet Shaving Products Distinguished Gentleman
Crown Shaving Company Aftershave Tonic
Focus Senateur
HBG Bay Rum
Royall Lime
Old Spice
Old Spice Lime
Pinaud Clubman Sweet Rum
Captain's Choice Land Ho
Lustray Draggon Noir
Zingari Man The Wanderer
PAA Al Fin
Barberry Coast Bay Rum
Lucky Tiger Bay Rum
Barrister and Mann Seville
Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice
Cuba Orange

She doesn't like:

Captain's Choice Bay Rum
Grand Bay Bay Rum
Stirling Bay Rum
Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum
Royall Spyce
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Wet Shaving Products Dragons Blood (she told me to dump this down the sink)
Oz 40 Crows (she told me to dump this down the sink)
Bottlegger's Perfecto Maduro Bay Rum
Masters Bay Rum
Gabels Bay Rum
Gabels Drops of Lime
Wet Shaving Products Bay Rum
Captain's Choice North
Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny (I like this one a lot...shame)
Dr. Jon's Krampus (she recoiled)
Sir Henry's Island Estate Bay Rum
Sir Henry's Tonka and Sandalwood
Captain's Choice Italia
Captain's Choice Island Time
Seaforth! Spiced!
Seaforth! Heather
Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
Barrister and Mann Reserve Lavender
Sailor Jerry Navy Spice
Aramis Havana
PAA Diver Down