What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

I was in Primark recently buying the usual cheap crap ( socks etc) and I ventured to the tiny mens grooming area.
Saw a 50ml bottle of something called PS Nobile Knight , googled it , some spurious tik tok claim that its a dupe for Tom Ford ******* Fabulous .
I picked up a bottle out of curiosity
Now does it smell like TFFF? I wouldnt know , but this stuff isnt half bad, yes 5-6 sprays will only project an hour or so , and will be faint or gone by hour 4 maybe a bit longer on clothes . But at £4.50 per 50ml bottle its not the worst fragrance purchase I have ever made, as long as you dont have high expectations and realise its going to perform as more of an EDC than an EDT

And if you do like TFFF you can just get 200ml of this stuff for the price of a pizza, before the inevitable happens and Tom Ford reformulate their fragrance to water as they have done with so many others ( I am looking at you Oud Wood)

Stirling Blu.jpg

1711201366931.png

Vetiver Guerlain

First smelling; inaugural wearing. Easy to grasp why this is such a mainstay here: it's elegant, engaging, and quietly powerful, (lasting nine hours on this wear).

This bottle may date from November 2007. How does the scent of the tall-bottle juice differ? (I notice there is a 200 ml in that iteration.). How about the square-bottle version?

What appeals to you about it?

Separately, do you feel it's very close to Aventus?

I don’t think it’s an exact clone of Aventus I think it will remind you of it, but it also has hints of Sauvage Elixir and that is one of my favorites right now. I love the opening I wished it lasted longer but it does settle into a nice little dirty Patchouli and that’s a scent I fell in love with 20 years ago after I got a massage after throwing my back out carrying a piece of glass that I had no business carrying by myself. Plus you can not beat the price under $50 at most discounters.

Top Bottom