What's new

Found this Blade dispenser on Esty anyone use?

I have two of them. Reasonably functional. I like them.

There is a piece of foam in mine upon which the blades sit when inserted. To remove a blade I press gently down on the top blade and use the friction to slide it out. Occasionally the foam will not force the blade up or the blade gets caught on the housing so that it is not aligned with the slot allowing it out. The blade will not come until it is gently pushed down again. That sorts it.

I have never used it for a used blade bank. I don’t think that would work. Sliding the blade in might catch with the housing and jam. I only use banks with a slot at the top allowing the blade to drop in.

Having said that, it is practical, cheap and cheerful.

Interesting - I've just ordered 100 Kai blades and just found this post because I too am looking for something to store and/or dispense new blades. I've only found the one you referenced and this other also on esty:

both appear to be 3d printed so I started searching on printables too ... and the results all kinda seem like some variation of the two, other than this one Printables - https://www.printables.com/model/76773-de-razor-blade-pack-dispenser-tower
which is stores in the tucks.

Looks like cool device to stores, dispenses, and is bank for old blades.

Anyone have one, does it work well?

Or have you found something better for sale, and where?

I have 6 (currently empty as I reconfigure everything for my upcoming Chinese blade tests). The 2 brown hold my baseline blade (Treet Carbon) that I use anytime I am doing something new or want to make accurate comparisons. The yellow is Treet Durasharps, Grey Dorco Primes, blue was GSB but likely to be Suneko, red Permasharps. Mine don't have blade disposal buckets and probably wouldn't use them if they did.

Attachments

• 20240130_200319.jpg
    20240130_200319.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
I use them since a few weeks, but seems I made a mistake or just use it in another way, that works for me :blink:
Threw the foam inside away immediately, as I thought it's meant for shipping protection and turned the dispenser, so the slot for the blade is on the bottom, so the blades just get pushed down by gravity. I like to put a part of the tuck on top, so I easily know what blades are in the dispenser.

In this way they fit 100 - 130 blades, depending on the size of the wrapper.

blade_dispenser02.jpg

I use them since a few weeks, but seems I made a mistake or just use it in another way, that works for me :blink:
Threw the foam inside away immediately, as I thought it's meant for shipping protection and turned the dispenser, so the slot for the blade is on the bottom, so the blades just get pushed down by gravity. I like to put a part of the tuck on top, so I easily know what blades are in the dispenser.

In this way they fit 100 - 130 blades, depending on the size of the wrapper.

View attachment 1794150

What was sorce for these? Or do you have your own 3D Printer❓

I bought these on the exact link, that you shared in the first post :001_smile
These are the "Standard Dispenser" style, without the blade-bank on the side, as I have a separate blade-bank in use.

I leave my blades in the tucks they come in. And to dispose of them I use a Mentholum jar. I haven't seen one like what you posted. Looks like it could be a good option.

Top Bottom