What's new

found a tea shop 10 min from the house

One opened up near me about a year ago. My wife is hooked, can't walk in without spending $50. Glad she only walks in every few months. She keeps a few kinds on hand and it lasts quite a while. We have a few we haven't touched since last winter, she went in over the summer to get some for iced tea.
It is a bit expensive but it is really good tea. I highly recommend it.
It's quite an impressive store if you ask me. (considering we're talking about tea)

My cousin is heavily into tea. We have both Teavana and a Lupicia near us. Teavana seems to be more expensive while Lupicia is a bit less so for the same quality. Overall I wasn't impressed with value for dollar at Teavana. Keep in mind I'm not that into tea (I drink iced but thats as far as it goes) so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

Eh, I wasn't really impressed with their keemun and lung ching. Their imperial keemun lacks some of the flavors I've had in other keemuns; it's not very winy nor flowery, and it has a very heavy body or mouth feel to it. And the lung ching tastes like a nutty sencha (I'm not a fan of sencha). You might have better luck with some of their tea blends or their estate teas, but for the estate teas I really think you'd be paying quite more than what you could find elsewhere for a better quality and value.

well it will most likely be better than Bigelow and twinings tea plus no shipping as there would if i bought from ebay.
an other added benefit of this place is i can stroll upstairs to the tinderbox.:w00t:

The prices look a bit steep, especially for something generic called "monkey picked"! I suspect you could get tea of a much more satisfying grade for a cheaper price using the good ol' Internet. Then again, there's something to be said for walking around a shop and checking out teas, even if they're not the best. :chinese:

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Wow, you guys really know your teas. I just discovered other threads on tea I didn't even know about.
My reply isn't educated in that I've never seen a tea store before so it was impressive to me. Now that I see there is quite a bit of tea info. on these forums I'll have to educate myself. Thanks

Top Bottom