Flu Shots

DO YOU GET A FLU SHOT EACH YEAR ?

• YES

• NO

• I HAVEN'T DECIDED, TELL ME MORE

Results are only viewable after voting.
M

modern man

If you are implying that you got the flu from the flu shot, then you must have been exposed to the flu prior to getting the shot. It is 100% impossible to get the flu from the flu shot. It is a 100% dead virus that is injected.

However, it is not improbable to get slightly sick from the flu mist that is sprayed up the nose. That is a weakened virus, not dead.

Just because somone gets the flu shot or the flu mist does not mean one will not get the flu. If a strain of flu emerges that was not covered by the flu shot and you are exposed to said strain, then guess what? You get the flu.

All to often people blame the flu shot for their woes, when it is probably either another strain, they were already exposed or it is psychosomatic.

Get the flu shot. It may save your life!

CHRIST U KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I SAID THAT IN MY LIFE

that and HYDRATE OR DIE :biggrin:

If you are implying that you got the flu from the flu shot, then you must have been exposed to the flu prior to getting the shot. It is 100% impossible to get the flu from the flu shot. It is a 100% dead virus that is injected.

However, it is not improbable to get slightly sick from the flu mist that is sprayed up the nose. That is a weakened virus, not dead.

Just because somone gets the flu shot or the flu mist does not mean one will not get the flu. If a strain of flu emerges that was not covered by the flu shot and you are exposed to said strain, then guess what? You get the flu.

All to often people blame the flu shot for their woes, when it is probably either another strain, they were already exposed or it is psychosomatic.

Get the flu shot. It may save your life!

My brother got a flu shot that year too and also got very sick. How do we know what they put in those vaccinations? I agree that the batches can't be bad every year or else people would get suspicious, I just don't like to follow the crowd, that's all. Everyone has had a choice up to now.

my wife is a doctor....so I get one...

She loves to inflict pain on me!

You know, I know guys say your wife being a doctor has nothing to do with her being a doctor and more to do with her being your wife... But then I'm single so I can't talk from experience.

having had the flu twice I never want to go through it again. Flu shots are painless, cheap, available and highly recommended for young and old(I qualify as old)

If you can get one; get it!

Can't get one. Deathly alleric to eggs, and they have egg albumen in the shot.

An allergest told me several years ago that there are flu shots for those alergic to eggs(feathers in my case). They usually show up later in the season.

I got my first one ever on Monday. Employer paid for it. My daughter is 2 (she got one a month ago) and my wife is on immunosuppressant drugs.
So I say why not. I'll do my part for my family to stay healthy. I didn't have a bad reaction to it, so I'll probably get it annually.

Never ever do it-even when I was in the military I refused. Being a medic, this was easy to do. I am 45 years young and have only had the flu once.
Plus, if I get it, that is time off from work-miserable or not!

Marty

Plus, if I get it, that is time off from work-miserable or not!

Good point. As long as you're not in danger of dying from it, a nasty case of the flu might be a good thing. After all, it may be the only opportunity some of us get for extended sleep and rest of any kind.

Now, everybody go out and lick some door knobs!

I had one for the first time last year (I have fairly mild asthma so qualify for one here in the UK) but I felt like **** for about a week afterwards. I don't think I'll bother this year.

Top Bottom