What's new

First Shave w G-Bar this Morning!!! 4.5 out of 5 stars.

So I am a newbee to SE shaving. I did not even know it was called a G-Bar until after I shaved with it -- . I just looked it up now on the ShaveWiki http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/G-BarI acquired this razor as part of a lot on Ebay a few months ago and just got around to using it. This unassuming, heavy, hunk of chrome gave me one great shave! Loaded with a PIF'd Treet blade- I was impressed. Near BBS on single pass.This is only the fourth shave that I have attempted with a single edge (after cking out a few youtube videos BTW -after my first bloody run on a Micromatic where I loaded it wrong, it was clear that I needed help) and it is the 3rd SE razor I have used --others were Gem Micromatic and Gem Junior. This was second shave on this blade but first in this razor-- (The blades seem to require some care or they rust/corrode. Seems like that is a down side to the SEs perhaps?) Fellow Newbees to G-Bars---- The appearance of this G-Bar is rather industrial and rough, but just as with the injectors that look a little less attractive than most DEs, this guy is a keeper and one great shaver. I found it was easier to use than the other 2 SEs that I tried. I would suspect that G-Bars can be picked up for a song on Ebay. Store brands of SE blades are readily available but Treets seem to be lauded by B&Bers. I am looking forward to shaving with this G-Bar tomorrow and for me, looking forward to the next shave (getting up for work) is what this is all about. If ever I lose that sense of adventure and wonder and enthusiasm for shaving, I will be quite sad. This unlikely guy recharged my enthusiasm quite unexpectedly. Just a solid, great old razor that for me; provided a great shave. I hope the subsequent shaves are as good.:001_smile Newbees, once you get the DE thing down, if you like an aggressive shave, try the SEs and injectors. Happy Shaving.

Top Bottom