What's new

First brush restore advice

Ok, So I picked up an eveready c40 today at the antique mall because I thought It would be a good candidate for a restore. I got the old bristles out and cleaned it out so that its nice and smooth. So now with the questions - How far down should the shelf for the new knot be? I have it drilled down to about 4-5 mm. What type of polish is best for this plastic handle? (Preferably something I can pick up at wally world) I know that marine grade epoxy should be used to set the knot, but is it all safe to be in contact with your skin? Is there a preferable epoxy? As far as the knots go, I'm looking for a soft fan knot with a little backbone, enough for using on soaps. I bought a restore off the B/S/T and have had bad luck with it. It has a 20 mm super badger from tgn. It sheds like crazy, I was just wondering if this is an isolated incidence as far as the tgn knots? Am I being too rough with it??, even though I'm not really abusing it by any means. Anyway any recommendations on new fan knots in 20 mm.

These questions are probably all answered somewhere, but I couldn't find them easily. Is there a definitive restore thread?

Heres some pre-restoration pics.... I will post some after its finished as well.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

R

rodeo

See my wiki in my sig for some links that might help you out !

FIDJIT,

That's some good stuff right there. Excellent resource! I myself am about to embark on restorations and need all the help I can get. I've gathered jut about everything I need to include some sacrificial brushes to pull apart and experiment with as well as a few I'd love to restore too. I think all I'm missing is some cork and filler materials. Anyway, thanks for sharing! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom