What's new

Firecracker Shrimp

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Next time you fire up the grill to cook chicken, sausage or ribs, throw some of these on there too. It's a hot, sweet and savory recipe that I use as an appetizer and eat right off the grill while the other food is cooking. Unfortunately we had really bad weather so I cooked this on the inside grill.

Firecracker Shrimp
Ingredients:
1 pound of peeled and de-veined shrimp (leave the tails on). Avoid farm raised if possible
Marinade:
1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon of diced ginger root
1 Tablespoon of diced garlic
1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 Tablespoon of sambal chili paste or something similar
1 Tablespoon of sriracha
½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper or crushed pepper flake
A splash of rice wine vinegar or any vinegar for that matter
A few cranks of ground black pepper
1 dollop of oyster sauce
½ teaspoon of fish sauce.
2 Tablespoons of honey or agave nectar
Juice of ½ of lime and it’s zest
Big pinch of smoked paprika

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add the peeled (leave tails on)shrimp and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 hours seems to be about right. Place on grill until you get a little char or caramelization. Don’t overcook. You can also toss them in a very hot pan.

Author-Aaron Davis

marinading
$IMG_0993.jpg

On to the grill
$IMG_0995.jpg

Flip
$IMG_0996.jpg

Ready. The pees are slow cooked in chicken broth, garam masala, curry, garlic and shallot.
$IMG_0997.jpg

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The wife made the peas. The broth was absolutely delicious.

She done well, it helped me work out what to do for tonight's dinner. I had some ground beef out and was thinking of what to make with it.
Curry mince with heaps of peas in it, it is.............no shrimp though :crying:, that will have to be another day

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
She done well, it helped me work out what to do for tonight's dinner. I had some ground beef out and was thinking of what to make with it.
Curry mince with heaps of peas in it, it is.............no shrimp though :crying:, that will have to be another day

Picadillo of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom